The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Stillman

Salvia leucantha

does anyone grow this species, I have a quite a few cuttings it looks very interesting square stems blue/purple calayx white flowers. Apparently it enhances dreams, other than that not sure just curious of others experiences.

hmmm just been reading some of the chemical analysis of the plant and the compounds it contains apparently one of the main compounds is known to interact with the CB2 receptor but does not interact with the type 1 receptors basically meaning it may exhibit some antiinflammatory but is not psychoactive this has been proven in mice but not tested in humans far as I'm aware

it would seem some of the other compounds in the plant would also add favour to ones cooking but aprat from that can't find a great deal of info on it

• Like 1

Beautiful garden plant ~ I grow both the white fl/ purple bract & the purple/purple varieties in a temperate zone (above ground foliage dies down, but the plants return each spring). Remarkable in that a germination in mid-spring can result in full flower by late summer. Attractive to bees and hummers, it's scent is so repulsive to me that it goes to the back of the garden & this from someone who loves the smell of Datura leaves!