The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

mckenna's timeline.

I'd like to start by saying thankyou to all you people for sharing your thoughts and experiences here. It certainly highlights the power of the internet for drawing the right ppl together and catalysing social interactions.

Well, my experience a couple of weeks before august 13 was one night a series of almost unbelievable coincidences occurred. So much so that I still wonder whether I was having some sort of schizophrenic hallucination or seizure. The thing is, if i hadn't met my wife, i'd probably be inclined to think that i did imagine it or hallucinate (even though i wasn't on anything). The series of coincindences started with my reading a website about 'the day of destiny' which was supposed to be on august 13 1999. I won't go into detail right now because i don't have time, but the series of events following in the hours after were so coincindental that it spooked the shit out of me (in a good way).

The next I hear about August 13 is the next week or something when briefly meeting a woman who mentioned she new all about this day of destiny thing and wanted to do something about it. some kind of experiment or something. We planned to get together and talk about it but I never saw her again.

The next i heard about it was much later down the track when my wife told me that on august 13 1999 she had the most life shattering experience ever. Like, a death and rebirth experience starting in the middle of the night and taking her several weeks to recover because it was so disturbing [even after the 'night' she had a feeling being stalked by demons and evil energy]. She can tell you the details if she likes and i can't begin to grasp what she went through but she still struggles to attach any meaning to the event or link it in with anything but her and i (as there is an obvious link going on).

I think she feels like she needs to somehow define and get a sense of reason so that she can grow since her roots now lay in this 'second birth'.

Cheers,

Fractal

have been inspired by the article in new dawn 80 on memes.

what can we do to create and propigate memes to 'lead' the world in 'our' direction?

t s t .

ahhh tst- memes are great. have you read "media virus" or "the selfish gene"?

your question is a good one. does "dragibus" count?

i have been reading a bit about mayans and other anchient cultures recently and from what i gathered 2012 wasnt the end of the world it was the end of the first cycle out of five. it is like the renewing of the earth, everything that could possibly happen has happened and now it is like pressing the reset button and everything begins again.... thats what i got out of it anyway, so its something i look forward to not something i dread...

nabraxas:

ahhh tst- memes are great. have you read "media virus" or "the selfish gene"?

your question is a good one. does "dragibus" count?

no,had only come accross the concept in the general media until 'new dawn'.'the selfish gene' is dawson isn't it.i though that idea rather cold,not allowing for the arts and spirituality,though i judge without reading.

i think of some things i say to 'tweak' people as being memeish.LOL,memeish!

re dragibus,there's no such thing as a negative meme i think.

physicists talk about light behaving as a particle and a wave.i see the evolution of ideas as similar,with memes being the particles.and in that sense i dont beleive they exist even though we can use them.

t s t .

reality is like silly putty and a shaman is someone who kneads the dough.

the selfish gene is by richard dawkins, & it is abit clinical, "media virus"--referred to in the article-- takes the basic idea & runs w/it- as an example he talks to the guys who came up w/the term "smart drugs"--they were consciously trying to create a meme/virus; by taking 2 words that most folks would see as virtual opposites & then combining them to describe something 'new'- hey presto.

i 'leant' my copy to an ex-workmate 4 or more years ago :mad:

quote:

re dragibus,there's no such thing as a negative meme i think

i'd agree w/that, but what i was trying to suggest is that a meme which goes along the lines ov "a new & powerful 'do it all' plant drug, which only those 'in the know' have access to", could be a powerful way ov creating a viral 'buzz' around this site.---just a suggestion, not totally serious.

[ 05. November 2003, 07:00: Message edited by: nabraxas ]

peas pipe wrote:

quote:

Unfortunately, that is not all that true, he used the Mayan calendar's end date as the "zero point" of the wave and then he believed that he could then predict the past.

It seems strange that Terrence would say that, considering the following passage:

"...end of the wave, will occur on December 22, 2012. Strangely enough this is the end date that the Mayans assigned to their calendar system as well. What is it that gives both a twentieth-century individual and an ancient Meso-American civilisation the same date upon which to peg the trasnformation of the world?"

It sounds like he made the wave, and then tried to fit it into a place in history, and that was where it fit best...