The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
euphoraecopia

My buddies

Hi all. My name is euphoraecopia, you may or may not know me. I've recently become very interested in growing plants of all kinds and uses, especially those specific to my climate: the desert zone 8/9.

To that end I submit my first grow photo. Clockwise from upper left is a San Pedro from a local shop , a mix of several Lophophora varieties (no willy), Lapidaria Margaretae (Karoo Rose), and a grow-your-own-cactus kit I picked up outside of Tucson in a special place. 'Tis winter so I threw them under a commerical hydroponic grower, but I'm just using the light for now. I've heard some have had success growing succulents and cacti hydroponically, I may or may not try that later on down the road. It's all just beginning. Anyone have a time machine? I'm glad I found this forum, it's already answered a lot of questions for me and I look forwarding to learning more and contributing whatever I can.

post-10613-0-09039600-1322792854_thumb.j

post-10613-0-09039600-1322792854_thumb.jpg

post-10613-0-09039600-1322792854_thumb.jpg

Edited by euphoraecopia

euphoraecopia welcome! you have come to a good forum. As you probably know........"happiness grows in the garden!"

Welcome.

I've heard that a brief flood long drain setup works well for hydroponic cacti.

Would love to see pics if you ever get around to it.

Awesome avatar image, brings back some memories :)

Welcome euphoraecopia

There is huge amounts of knowledge here and friendly helpful people to go with it. :)

Cheers

Got

Im just sprouting some Karoo Rose myself. :D nice work mate and welcome :lol:

Thanks all, I'm pretty excited about this. Everywhere I look now I see Trichs as landscaping... hilarious. Now if I could just find a source for peres, I might try my hand at grafting some of these slow guys.