The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
sharxx101

Peru trip 2012

Hi everyone,

I am going to Peru for two weeks next year in March. Just wondering on some recommendations on things to do and places to see in Peru?

Please post pics if you have been and would like to share.

I am planning to stay one night in Lima then make my way down to Cuzco to see some cactus and go to the cactus market. From Cuzco I would like to then go to teh mountains.

I am going by myself so if anyone knows a good tour guide I would be happy to get one...

Any advice or information appericated.

thanks

I've always wanted to check out the energy vortex's at Markawasi. Maybe this would be of interest to you too.

Peace

After reading a bit the energy vortex's they are pretty interesting, many cool stories

Sharxx I don't have any advice, maybe Teotz chime in? I know he went earlier this year.

any idea how much this trip is going to cost you?

I would love to go one day, you lucky duck er.. shark :P

After reading a bit the energy vortex's they are pretty interesting, many cool stories

Sharxx I don't have any advice, maybe Teotz chime in? I know he went earlier this year.

any idea how much this trip is going to cost you?

I would love to go one day, you lucky duck er.. shark :P

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

This trip is going to cost me around 4k with spending money included, the flight was the main expense that cost almost 3k.

I know there is a few member that recommend Nikitos not sure if thats how its spelt. Also taking some time to learn the lingo too which has been fun.

Can't wait to go :)

Hey sharxx, have fun. You know, most people who go to peru go straight to Cusco... but in my opinion, that is not the best place in Peru not only due to the tourist frenzy which has been steadily growing these past few years, but due to what's on offer elsewhere. Having said that, with only two weeks, Cusco is not a bad option because everything is set up there for tourism, the landscape is admittedly quite breathtaking, and you don't "waste" as much time trying to get around as activities such as archaeological tours and hiking are well established. Why exactly are you going to Peru and what do you hope to achieve in particular?... are you there for plants, people, traditional culture, a good time/nightlife, wildlife, shamanism, archaeology or something else? You can find all of those things in varying amounts around Cusco but if you have a particular aim in mind, there may be other places that are more appropriate.

Yeah Micromegas has it down

Cusco is touristy, but still enjoyable (at least for me, when I was there 2 years ago), and your time is limited. From Cusco you'll have access to mountains and jungles, as well as Machu Picchu and the other inca ruins in the Sacred Valley, and fairly luxurious living compared to the rest of Peru.

hola sharxx

i would be very happy to take you to some cool places other than cuzco and iquitos. marcawasi as mentioned before is a place you must not miss, feels like you are in a fairy tale once you get up there.

i might be able to get a week off work, 2 would be too much and my boss probably wouldnt give it to me, but a week is def a possibility. the first one you get here would be better as well since i can get you started and you can loose up a bit, learning bits and pieces of spanish and things you should know while traveling on your own in a magic place like this.. cos its not all pretty or safe as you would know already.

soooo, what do you say?

i will let my boss know sometime soon to confirm anyway