The Corroboree

Question

Last month I went to war with a vine that had taken over the shade house, it had completely covered it and i managed to get most of the bulk off.

But now springs kicking in its started to flower and got me thinking that it may be ipomoea, so here I am :)

68cf98b8.jpg

There appear to be two different vines, one type is a lot darker but it's all one tangled mess haha.

Any confirmation and suggestions about stopping this from constantly trying to engulf things would be much appreciated :)

1 answer to this question

From the single pic, I can determine simply that you have the dreadedly evil yet occasionally exquisite Ipomoea Indica. It has two leaf formations on the vine - the heart shaped and the 'ivy' shape. The different colours could be any number of reasons including a differnt species of vine altogether! i cant see in this photo, but my guess is age.

How to get rid of it? poison... if appropriate! if you cut it/rip it down it will just come back up, PLUS cuttings strike extremely easily so you could be doing more harm than good.

Have fun! these vines suck! :)