The Corroboree
MagicalMedic

What is happening to my subscriptions?

I've been perusing the backlogs and coming across heaps of threads and topics I want to save to find easily later, and I've been using the 'watch topic' function assuming I can use that to find my way back to those threads... but then when I go to my options - forums- manage watched topics to look at topics I've subscribed to there are only six there, none of the ones I've added lately are included. What am I doing wrong?

Also what is liked content in the settings tab - how do you 'like' content?

Final question which the above are basically aimed at; if I find threads I want to revisit later whats the best way to tag them / like them /add them to a list to make them easily accessible later?

Cheers

When you click "Watch topic", does it take you to the page that lets you choose what sort of subscription you want? I have no idea what liked content is, but in answer to your last question, it's generally best to save them as favourites in your browser. That way you can organise them into folders based on topic etc rather than be limited to what the forum software allows.

I think 'liked' content is to do with facebook integration.

Right, thanks guys. I guess I can forget about the 'like' function if even torsten isn't sure about it :scratchhead: generally not a fan of facebook integration anyway

Yeah Ballzac it does take me to the page where you choose subscription type, it just seems that after that nothing is actually happening. Very odd.

A 'save thread' / 'save topic' or 'favourite' function within the website would be awesome.. is this how the 'watch topic' button is supposed to work? [i.e. you can select 'no notifications' but there's still a list of all the threads you've 'watched' that you can easily access)? [atm this list is buried within the settings - it could be included on the drop-down menu]

..so much good material in the archives but no internal mechanism for quickly bookmarking & re-accessing them. If this was possible you could link people to old threads super quickly if they ask about stuff that's been well discussed in the past if you've been through the archives and saved the gold.

Regarding using your internet browser's favourites function - I maintain a clean browser, devoid of browsing info/cookies/history/favourites etc, so not possible for me, but I think many would find this really useful if it were within the site anyway

There's still the possibility it's just me experiencing problems / doing something stupid when trying to use the 'watch' function that's stopping the threads I add from actually being added to any visible list

Edited by MagicalMedic

..so much good material in the archives but no internal mechanism for quickly bookmarking & re-accessing them. If this was possible you could link people to old threads super quickly if they ask about stuff that's been well discussed in the past if you've been through the archives and saved the gold.

I thought it was rather obvious that that is what the 'watch topic' fucntion is for. All neatly sorted and managed in your profile.