The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dracos6

red bugs

hey everyone,

i have a coleus plant that is very dear to me. she hasnt grown in a while and just recently ive noticed these tiny red bugs on the leaves, smaller than a dot from a pen if you let it drop. i cant post a picture as my only camera is my phone and 1 megapixel aint gonna show something this small.

anyone have any ideas what they are?

and do i need to be extremely worried?

i aint got wheels atm and im out of neem, will she be ok for a week or two till i can get somewhere to buy some more?

much appreciated guys,

it would kill me to lose this specimen

Sounds like red spider mite to me which is a real killer, is there any spider web type stuff around?

Ive seen it cover a 6 ft plant in a week and kill it with in 10 days.

I recenty saw something similar on a HBWR plant that looked like spider mite but they were ruby red instead of that light to blood red they usualy are

ahhhhhh

yeah they are blood red and there is a tiny little bit of spider web about.

does neem kill them?

pretty sure ive had the white ones before and got rid of them with neem. just dont know where i can get any without transport.

i hate this system, i dont have a credit rating and they wont give me credit/finance of any kind without one, gee aint that a fuc*in catch 22.

Yeah goddamn little red shits came out of hiding as soon as it was warm enough and went to town on my Datura.

I trimmed back all the badly infected leaves and shit, and then used a mister to blast off the remaining fuckers.

Check it every morning and mist (as in hold the mister right up against the little fuckers and squeeze) until they go away.

Need some predator bugs I reckon.

ladybugs eat spidermite if you can get a few ladybugs everyday

EDIT - Oh yeah, they hate chilli, pyrethrum and garlic. and be thankfull ya dont have scara fly aswell.

[ 27. September 2005, 22:33: Message edited by: Amulte ]

On Datura and brugs

water water water - but not the roots, the leaves - thoroughly wet all surfaces at least once a day for a week or so and they will be gone - they drown

works for me

i wouldnt remove leaves as it weakens them further

unless in a hydrtsetup where you need total eradication of pests rather than reduction like outside

[ 28. September 2005, 13:21: Message edited by: Rev ]