The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Juergen

search Dioscorea pentaphylla/ fiveleaf yam

Hi there,

i search for Seeds or Tuber/bulbs from australian Dioscorea(transversa,bulbifera)and pentaphylla.

D.pentaphylla growing in Qld. and(i have read)also in N.T.Is somebody here they can help me?

I have read People here have negative experience with swindler cheater or lurker by overseas.

No Problem at all! I provide for a Exchange i will send the first mail with what ever you want.

At this Moment i have realy good seed from D.sylvatica with high rate to germinate(by 90%)

Seed from D.hastifolia or communis,brachybotrya,dregeana caucasica also.

Finaly seeds from Arisema flavum also with good rate to germinate.

Seed in next Time;Incarvilea delavayi,riccinus,ipomea multifidia,,Mirabilis jalapa....or ask me ;)

Juergen

Do you have D. rotunda?

I too am looking for D. transversa. If I end up finding it, I'll let you know. I think I may have found yams of it once, while removing Lantana camara in some bushland not far from here. I was very interested in it at the time, but not strongly into cultivating plants and when my co-workers discouraged me by saying it was probably poisonous, I left it where it was. I can't remember the season that I found it in, but I don't recall finding any above ground part of the plant, only the yams. Maybe I'll head back there in summer and see if I can find it again.

Edited by tripsis

There is a species of Dioscorea from asia that is an impressive sedative. I cant remember its name off the top of my head but its well worth checking out.

I know People in africa take D.dregeana as sedative.The Zulus call dregeana as drunghard or sleepiest.

She cook the tuber and the Liquid was a narcoticum earlier than operation bones fracture.

Dioscorea dregeana are importance by african folk medicine(south america).

A other one healty Dioscorea is the villosa.

Dioscorea villosa is a homeopathy medicin,People makes all sorts of things from villosa.It gives Powder,Tablets,Dragees,Cream..........

D.villosa helps by:nervousness,pre-menopausal,sickness,osteoporose,rheumatism,antispasmodic,peptic and many more...

In TCM gives many Dioscorea plants for healthy.D.hypoglauca(colletti),batatas,japonica,tokoro,and many more.

Do you have D. rotunda?

I too am looking for D. transversa. If I end up finding it, I'll let you know. I think I may have found yams of it once, while removing Lantana camara in some bushland not far from here. I was very interested in it at the time, but not strongly into cultivating plants and when my co-workers discouraged me by saying it was probably poisonous, I left it where it was. I can't remember the season that I found it in, but I don't recall finding any above ground part of the plant, only the yams. Maybe I'll head back there in summer and see if I can find it again.

Hi tripsis

You mean D.rotundata?

Sorry i dont have rotundata.She grows in africa but it is not so easy here to become Dioscorea from africa.

I had contact with a person in africa,he wouldn´t help me by my search for D.brownii and other african dioscorea(he told me its no problem),but i hear no more from him.

I have see you searching for transversa also,your not from australia or W.A.?

Perhaps i think it was not the right Time for searching transversa or other Dioscorea,in the most area is winter now.huh.gif

Maybe we have luck in next autum?

Yes, sorry, I do mean Dioscorea rotundata.

Yes, I'm from Australia, hence why I think I found it once in the bush some years ago. As far as I'm aware, D. transversa flowers in spring, so if I remember, I'll go back out to where I found those yams this spring (feel free to remind me).

yep transversa flowers in spring,but to collect seeds you must wait to autum?

Ok you look for a tuber maybe is spring the best time.

I'll go back out to where I found those yams this spring (feel free to remind me

Good Luck!

Hopefully you find itnewimprovedwinkonclear.gif