The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

Esc - relaxing chillout sports drink thing

My missues just bought me a new drink in a can called 'Esc - Relaxant beverage'.

it contains 180mg passionflower extract, 90mg tryptophan, 75 mg Chamomile extract and 18mg Valarian extract.

Not sure the potency of these extracts but it didnt smell or taste at all like valarian and for me its effects seem mainly mediated by the Chamomile - that sort of vague numb sleepy feeling.

I wonder if they sell other products - perhaps a kava based drink?

seems like it would be good just before bed

He he... good ad on that link.

I like the idea... personally, I can't stand most energy drinks. I'm really sensitive to Taurine, and not in a good way.

There was one on he market around the time energy drinks first became popular that was caffeine and guarana and b vitamins and I could tolerate that. The original mother was also Taurine free, but obviously due to popular demand they stuck it in, complete with an ad campaign about how the original version was wimpy.

If I need a kick now, I tend to just go with B vitamins, like a berocca or something.

Having a relaxing drink looks like a good move, especially with mostly herbal based active ingredients. Not sure if it will change the earth as they seem to imply in the ad, but a cool idea anyway. hope it takes off.

It made me feel pretty Chamomiley but not much else. i remember reading about a company in Vanuatu who were trying to get permission to market and sell a Kava-based soft drink to the Australian market. That would be worth while. I wonder what a Sceletium drink would be like??

Usually I need to take a fairly large dosage of valarian to get much of an effect - I think something like 2000mcgs times three.

ive been attracted to the idea of making a liquor out of lactuca virosa as well since its extract is my flavour of the month.