The Corroboree

i get crazy deja vu a lot of times, nothing particularly special, just walking through a particular door, standing at the tram stop with certain people around etc. had a crazy one in my supervisors office today, not as though i'd been there before (as it never is), more that i'd seen it before, the exact situation with the exact piece of paper his secretary was handing me. i remember the first time it happened too at the royal adelaide show when i was about 8 or so, playing with these toy dinosaurs and they were the exact ones i'd dreamt about. full on.

thanks for listening.

it used to happen to me years back, i would be in situations where things would happen that i swear id dreamed of it, thought i was psychic at one stage. so yeah deja vu woop

i know exactly what you mean!!

happens with alarming regularity, just walkin or driving along and BAM. i swear i dreamt this a week, maybe months or a year ago. it's cool but sometimes can be disconcerting. wish you could predict when it would happen once oy dream it :scratchhead:

For me, deja vu occurs when something happens in real life reminds me of a dream. Most of the time I do not remember the dream, but after the deja vu feeling, if I contemplate it, the dream slowly comes back.

My weidest deja vu was whilst in New Zealand I had a full cone of salvia and to be honest I had know idea of the strength, I trusted my Kiwi pal. I swear to god I thought I was dead, instantly, and I had no recollection of just inhaling a drug. What I did have was a really strong sense of deja vu. I was so certain I had done this before. I remembered the death experience. It was so spooky and was the catalyst that changed my whole opinion on life after death. Lost of research has followed. You go on, I just know itcool.gif I swear I was there.

^^

huh. recollecting past death experiences?

as much as my analytical mind says otherwise, a part of me can't help thinking life energy is a specific type of energy, which can only be born from itself, if that makes sense.

^^

huh. recollecting past death experiences?

as much as my analytical mind says otherwise, a part of me can't help thinking life energy is a specific type of energy, which can only be born from itself, if that makes sense.

You just had to experience it I guess. I know there was a drug involved but at the time, it was a few minutes of my life where I remembered that I had done this all before. It's proof of nothing I know, just a feeling deep inside. Wrong, maybe but it feels right to me and I would have to call it deja vu. I remembered.

hey there qualia, another thing we have in common.

from a young age i also used to get intense deja vu.

it's hard to remember specifics, and it doesn't happen so much anymore, but it still comes and goes in waves.

there was a period of a few years, 3-5, during high school, i started experiencing increasingly more frequent deja vu, and the feeling was become more and more intense, to the point where i'd get a certain order of events, let me try and remember...

i'm not sure if at first i got a prelude to the deja vu, like a vague feeling, then my mind would sort of go blank and i would get a sense of coldness, then i would feel intense deja vu, and then i would start to feel nauseous and soon after feel very tired all of a sudden, and sort of mini black out, not lose consciousness but just go completely blank, it was the weirdest shit.

and i remember years after that first started to happen, i was hanging at the local plaza with friends, sitting down eating, drinking and talking, out of nowhere i blacked out for a second, again still conscious, but completely spaced out, midway through listening to something my friend was telling me, after i moment i start looking around confused, and my mate's like "are you ok?" and i'm like "uh, where am i? what day is it?" i cant remember it exactly but something like that, it felt the same as my other bouts of deja vu, but without the precursors and a more intense black out.

some other things that would happen is i would occasionally move my head the wrong way and crick my neck, soon after i would feel very cold, tired and nauseous and have to sit down, once i even gagged and almost vomited.

later in life i started using weed, from the age of 20, and occasionally i would get a new deja vu and was very strange, i would be high from the weed, tripping out or what ever i was doing, and then i'd get deja vu of false memories, like i'd be watching tv with a mate or watching a certain tv show and for what ever reason that would spark some really intense feeling of deja vu, but then i think about what i'm deja vuing with, this one particular example, i was watching a show called "asylum" with simon pegg and some other dudes.. i'd never seen the show until the time i first downloaded it and watched it, which was within 6 months of this deja vu experience, but i'd remember back to when i was about 10 years old, lying on the spare bed at my nanna's house we used to stay at when we'd come up to the city, back in the day, with my sister next to me, smoking a joint and watching the same show.. but this never happened, i'd never seen this show back then and i'd never smoked weed until i was 20 and never seen my sister smoke weed ever.

the end.