The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dracos6

vaporisation

hey everyone

just wondering if anyone has any experience with the vapir range of vaporisers.

some reports say the vapir one has a plastic taste but this is supposedly fixed with v3.

here is the homepage of the company that makes them, they are convection and meant to be second best on the market

http://www.vapir.com/' target='_blank'>

also any things that people know are/arent vaporisable would be handy

thanks

well i finally got to use my new vapir.

its loud, but not too loud. didnt really feel anything even though i sat puffing on it for a good 10 minutes. apparently it takes a few weeks of use to figure out how to use it but i think the balloon they supply will make it easier.

i'll report back when i figure out how to use it :)

Hi,

i have no experiences with the vapir yet. I had very good experiences with the aromed vaporier which is very easy to use and very comfortabel. But i assume it is more expensive.

The Vapir looks very handy. I would recommend buying one including an rechargeable battery. I think there are different types. I heard that you have to buy some herb discs all the time, so it seems that you are a little bit dependant on the manufacturers with this one. There is another one,the Volcano.When using this one, you inhale the active components out of a plastic bag. Well, maybe you´ll get used to this procedure over time but to me that sounds a little unhygienic.

Before inhaling, you should wait a few minutes for heating-up. You should inhale slowly and carefully, take a very long breath and don´t suck to hard. You will need a week or two. Compared to smoking, the effects are delayed for 5 minutes or so.

Besides, a vapo is a very good way to stop smoking too. What a great invention!

[ 15. July 2005, 10:01: Message edited by: Evil Genius ]

ok so i tried it again this weekend.

hooked up the bag and let it fill up about 5 times, each time sucking in the vapour and holding it it. I could taste the vapour, but i wasnt getting stoned.

i took the buds out and chopped them up and smoked them and got really stoned. perhaps there is more to learn with this machine. so far, its not that great. but i will persist :)

Please keep in mind that you have no nicotin flash when using a vaporizer.

Someone who isn´t me told me, that he gets even more stoned from vaporizing but from smoking.But it´s more like a relaxed high but to be fully stoned and away. Maybe the problem is the vapir!

The Temperature should be between 200-220 C°. As long it doesn´t start to burn, you can also go higher.

Bad Ganja Quality can also be a cause for failure.

Evil Genius:

Please keep in mind that you have no nicotin flash when using a vaporizer.

Someone who isn´t me told me, that he gets even more stoned from vaporizing but from smoking.But it´s more like a relaxed high but to be fully stoned and away. Maybe the problem is the vapir!

The Temperature should be between 200-220 C°. As long it doesn´t start to burn, you can also go higher.

Bad Ganja Quality can also be a cause for failure.

the vapir only goes up to 204°, and it says to run it on 121°. maybe that was the problem. i'll up the heat tonight.

i gotta say tho, the damiana/sun opener herb that came with it was really really nice.

%simon

quote:

Many people have bad luck with vaporizers, despite "official" reports that

they work well. The problem is that THC vaporizes (when pure) at about 300

degrees Centigrade; and this temperature will start a burning process in

plant fibers in a pipe. So "vaporizing" isn't happening when marijuana is

smoked with a vaporizer.

The manufacturers of vaporizing cigarettes and pipes (as a review of the

patents for these

devices will show) affirm that _oils_ rather than plant fibers must be used

for this process. Unfortunately, marijuana oils are usually "black" (very

dark green) with chlorophylls etc. and these are inhaled with the THC.

Since the THC vaporizes at 300 degrees C., the bulk of the oil is apparently

heated to this temperature (or higher) and the result is a severely "baked"

feeling in the lungs after repeated use of this method. Human lungs can't

absorb vapors at 300 degrees C. without tissue damage!

The right way, really, to "smoke" marijuana is as a highly refined oil that

is dissolved in an innocuous solvent and inhaled at room temperature. This

is the method used in the "inhalers" for other medications sold in drug

stores; and it entails a minimal amount of harm. The greenish, crude

marijuana oils are not appropriate for this method; they are too bulky and

contain too many different substances for a stable, long-shelf-life inhaler.

more info from MAPS

quote:

I hope many of you are subscribed to this thread, as I want to point out a "falsity". You do not need to heat up the weed to 392 degrees, that number is accurate only with 0 atmosphere. 250-300 degrees F is more than adequate to release the thc into that nice sweet and pure vapor form =) You want to keep the temp as low as possible for several reasons. One, the hotter the air the more impurities you will be inhaling, as more of the weed will be allowed to vaporize. Two, it's easier on your lungs with cooler air. I can't recall the name of the vaporizer, but I'm familiar with one in particular that will give you a digital temperature control on it, it runs like 300 bucks! but the point is is that the users only run it around 250 degrees, and will only turn it up to help finish the last bit of it a little faster. Hope this helps some of you in your efforts on producing home made vaporizers!

from http://www.hempcultivation.com/420/archive...dex.php/t-34928

oh me oh my. i hope i figure it all out, so many conflicting stories. :(

%simon

hey simon,

which vapir did you get?

cause 204 aint gonna cut it for me.

one would think that the bags would be crappy, wouldn't the vapour condense on it as it cooled meaning you would be inhaling less active material? maybe?

i told a friend in NZ that i read somewhere on the net that vapourizing salvia is meant to be heaps stronger. he wants to get one but doesn't know what sort.

any suggestions?

ok so i figured out how to use the vapir and i still think it sucks.

you need the temp hot. like about 150C. at 204C the screws that held the ceramic in place melted and i got a nice lungful of plastic smoke :(

when the herb is red it has been vapourised, and after flling the bag full 3 times (and getting a little effect off it) 80-90% of the herb was red.

now the claim is that people smoke less because the hit is stronger. but what they dont say is how they smoked BEFORE they used a vapouriser. i smoke bongs. about 5-10 per day (i know i know, its a phase at the moment, i'll get out of it). i feel a little stoned off it, but after those 3 bags full of herb (and you fill the disk up with at least 20$ worth of herb) i was no where near as out of it as if i had just chopped up the same amount of buds normally and smoked it in a bong. so i am assuming the people that use less with a vapouriser were joint smokers.

im thouroghly unimpressed by this product.

I had the same Problem at the beginning because the earlier version of the aromed vaporizer had a plastic container too. I bought some glassware at the headshop and then it was ok.

[ 06. August 2005, 10:11: Message edited by: Evil Genius ]