The Corroboree

Would be interesting to have capability to turn this on at will!

I could not agree more. I've wanted an inbuilt oscilloscope in my visual field for ages, but nobody has got around to doing it yet. :/

From what I've read here, it seems that at least some (perhaps most) artificial synthesia people experience is not due to aural signals spilling over, but rather the brain itself bridging the two circuits. I am going to do a lot more research, as I'm interested in being able to use sound as an almost perfec representation of vision. Imagine being blind but being fully able to comprehend visual beauty. To be able to enter an art gallery, and marvel at the paintings. To cross the street to the modern art gallery, and to have to sit down from being dizzy (:P take that modern art).

That's my goal.

I could not agree more. I've wanted an inbuilt oscilloscope in my visual field for ages, but nobody has got around to doing it yet. :/

From what I've read here, it seems that at least some (perhaps most) artificial synthesia people experience is not due to aural signals spilling over, but rather the brain itself bridging the two circuits. I am going to do a lot more research, as I'm interested in being able to use sound as an almost perfec representation of vision. Imagine being blind but being fully able to comprehend visual beauty. To be able to enter an art gallery, and marvel at the paintings. To cross the street to the modern art gallery, and to have to sit down from being dizzy (:P take that modern art).

That's my goal.

Keep us posted with your research. Sounds like the making of a masters thesis. I can shut my eyes and imagine your vision.

Possible, who knows?!

Well, because there's so much information able to be encoded by light than sound, and the eyes are so much more complex than the ears - shortcuts will have to be taken. Maybe it will take a few seconds to know all the details of a painting for example. ;)

I think it's possible though in principle.

lol i think theres even a word for words that sound like what they are.. its onomatopoeia.

im pretty sure onomatopoeia means a word which imitates a sound, not a word which sounds like what it is. like the word "violent" for instance, is a jarring word, which reminds one of violence. but this might be more to do with associations already learned. and it isn't an onomatopoeia because violence doesn't actually sound like that. IS there a word for words that sound like their meaning? i thought this was onomatopOETIC as opposed to onomatopoeic, but wiki says theyre the same..

just goes to show how much we recieve information through many other channels than our 5 basic senses.

how does it show this? i think it shows that we DO receive all information through the 5 senses, it's just that they aren't as separate as we think they are.

Edited by frank