The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

Sound cloud

How annoying - sound cloud doesnt take wma files. Its so much better than mp3...

So do you guys upload waves or mp3s??

why not use any other uncompressed format? i know .wav works.. doesn't soundcloud compress sound files to mp3 when you upload anyway? i'm not too sure about that but if so why not just use 320kbs mp3? the uploads will be a lot quicker.. but i guess there may be an issue with double crunching... negative effects may be negated to a degree if using 320kbs... edit: to avoid any troubles it'd probably be smartest to use wav's or another uncompressed & compatible format... though the uploads will take long time... though for the upload copy of your file there probably wouldn't be much use in it being more than 16bit 44100... which will speed up your upload times somewhat (assuming you usually use 24bit 48000 or higher) but to be honest waiting half an hour for an upload really isn't that much of a big deal unless you have a shit load of files to do.. so if you're worried i'd probably just go with your highest res .wav file or flac etc & just be patient while it uploads..

Edited by paradox

the programs I use to convert files all seem to fuck up the conversion to MP3 and turn everything mono all the time. Ill have to work something out I guess :) thanks anyway

try the ImToo converter, or easy cd extractor, both i have used and would recommend

MP3 VBR V0. Or FLAC, but I would only bother with FLAC if you are making them available for download. If it's just for streaming, MP3 will be quite sufficient.