The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
soma_seeker

The Ayahuasca Diaries

I met the writer of this website (an Australian) whilst travelling in Peru last year. It is essentially a recount of his month spent living in a tiny Peruvian village in the Amazon basin. During this time he lived with the family of the village's shaman (without running water or electricity), and regularly consumed ayahuasca (as well as numerous other indigenous medicinal plants) whilst adhering to a strict diet.

The site includes a detailed introduction into what exactly ayahuasca is, as well as a moderate summary of the chemistry and history of psychedelics, followed by a recount of his experiences. He asked me to pass on the site info to anyone who may be interested, as he is keen to get any feedback he can on the content.

If you think you would enjoy reading about his experiences (or you know someone who might), the website is theayahuascadiaries.com

There is also a facebook fan page which you can 'like' to get updates on new additions to the site http://www.facebook.com/pages/theAyahuascaDiariescom/209154652430674

Thanks very much :)

soma

cool, thanks

did anyone else have a read of this? if so, what'd you think?...

cheers :)

I read some of it and enjoyed it. A little long winded but generally well written. Took me back to south america :).

Yeh it can be a little long-winded at times. I guess he is trying to accommodate for those with no prior knowledge in the area.

very nicely set out webpage! the photos are great, I especially like the anaconda and tarantula snaps :) my friends feel a bit hesitant about going doing the whole ayahausca tourist thing in south america as the place seems overrun with gringo. but your friends experience looks very authentic, thanks for sharing.

I really like the tarantula photo too. Crazy stuff :S

Yeh it seems there is a wide range of experiences that can be had in regards to ayahuasca tourism. I guess the only real option is to look for an experience which is as safe and legitimate as you can find within the crazyness....

heya guys,

For anyone who did enjoy this webpage, it was recently updated with more of his story.

Here is the link..

La Medicina

Cheers!