The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Melos

Perth ginseng.

Hello

I am very much a beginner in the wide world of plants and I am very eager to expand my experience with and collection of plants. I would very much appreciate if anyone knows where i may obtain rhizome for planting the beautiful ginseng.

Also of great interest to me is damiana (turnera diffusa), mugwort (artemisia vulgaris) and Kava (piper methysticum). A long shot I know, but also some calea and woodrose would be awesome. I am very willing to pay and trade though unfrotunately all I have to trade at this time is valerian root and white morning glory (plebia i think).

Thank you for taking the time to read this!!

i can give you a tunera diffusa for 15aus, the plant is quite established and maybe 20 to 25cm tall/wide.

pm me if you are keen, not many people have damiana plants.

the ginseng is a wonderfull plant to have, but it never grew well in my climat (semi tropical) as it was too hot here, and i guess it's even hard to grow ginseng in perth. storing the rhizome in the fridge will not help, the summer temperatures are just too high in many places of oz to grow this plant.

kava plants are hard to find also, good luck...

You need a south leading slope in a tall-tree forest at altitude to grow panax ginseng. its being grown in the yarra and dandenong ranges in melb.

there is an aussues ginseng brand grown in tazzie, forget the name...

it needs to be grown under a canopy of trees with high rainfall,like zen peddler said the yarra and dandenong ranges are ideal, as are the mountain propertys of tassie....my mate is trying to farm it, he cold stratifys the seeds for 12 months before planting, as he lives in a forest with high winter rainfall & ideal growing conditions, the art of patience is required to grow this one...

Cheapest option for seed here:-http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100-pcs-Changbai-Mount-Ginseng-Seeds-Grow-Your-Ginsengs-/180651904404?pt=AU_Plants_Seeds_Bulbs&hash=item2a0fb14d94

Or bulk here:-http://www.gssa.net.au/

Dble pst damn it....& the links dont work ..cut & paste..

Edited by applesnail