The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
kadakuda

Iboga harvesting Q

About how big (diameter) should Iboga roots be used at? can small, 1cm thick, roots be used? Or just the big guys once they are real bushes?

In theory, of course.

The inner bark is usually used i believe, so id say around 2cm would be thick enough. Iv heard it can take up to 8 years to get an amount you could actually use though. Iv never tried it or even really thought of trying it, so im not too sure

i remeber a member (realy not me) saying, he smoked very thinn roots (1 to 2mm??) and had some good effects.

smoking can often be quite a good methode of absorbtion, and obviously it works with iboga aswell.

i don't know if pyrolisation is appropiate for iboga roots, anyway same person smoked the leaves aswell...

Iv heard of smoking the leaves - i think it was tst that mentioned that and the roots thing. I tried smoking a leaf once, but it didnt really do anything - but then again some people get stronger effects from some things than others.

What is this hypothetical person trying to achieve with this? Stimulation or a heroin addiction type treatment?

a friend has meth addiction and buying root is pretty costly. Not even sure if it is useful for meth, but we have read about it being used with things like heroin and her/her family are open to the idea of iboga...i have plants with that sized roots so thought if its good, why not use mine for free? but i also dont want it to be a waste of time and end up being a disappointment which could be detrimental to her getting clean as far as damaging her hope factor type stuff.

ps. we are not doing this ourselves, her family has contacted a couple people who have experience with this stuff in the country they live....its not jsut me giving them root and saying chew on some and then your cured....i only want to provide them what i have (if its good) to save them some $....iboga treatment is very expensive and at least not paying for root helps some...meth addiction has not played nicely with that family's finances.

Edited by kadakuda

I reckon the whole plant contains alkaloids, in the leaves as well, Ive chewed quite afew fresh leaves with notable effects and very noticable strong acrid alkaloidal taste, that gave me the assumption that the leaves could be valued for possible further research, also perhaps my bodys chemistry responds postive to the effects of of this plant, I found the leaves had strong sedating effect, mind you i chewed quite a few leaves over a period of hours, I ended up stripping a small waist height plant back to a bare stem as it was going to lose it leaves soon for winter anyway!

Please note:I do not recommend this or can say it would work for others, as there is always dangers or risks involved on how ppl will respond to different things, i did this for my own research value on my own spiritual path!

Edited by applesnail