The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mac

Crusader Bug - Mictis profana

Im having some problems with Crusader Bugs on my young longifolia (killing off new growth), whats the best & safest way to dispose of the little bastards

i tried picking them off by hand & drowning them but they spray you with stink

are there any safe pesticides i can use around children & animals as the tree is in my front yard

just now thought of using a rubber glove & just picking the bastards off by hand as its only the stink they spray that made me want to spray the bastards back

Edit from what i have read they are common in Brisbane, i have never noticed them around here before this season :scratchhead:

Edited by mac

Hello ,try getting a bunch of garlic cloves and chopping crushing in a spray bottle full of water and let it shake for a day or two with the odd soak, that should hopefully do the trick works for a lot of bugs :rolleyes:

Edited by seanimus

Hello ,try getting a bunch of garlic cloves and chopping crushing in a spray bottle full of water and let it shake for a day or two with the odd soak, that should hopefully do the trick works for a lot of bugs :rolleyes:

yea this works also put in some chili as lots of bugs don't like that ether

edit: oh and make sure u strain it proply cause u dont want to block up your spray bottle

Edited by aussiejwerta