The Corroboree
Yogibear

Papaver Somniferum

"So, you can understand my excitement over the PST: Something natural, costs half as much, and at low doses provides me with a subtle anti-depressant effect for hours at a time."

Yeah mate, I can understand your excitement.

Keep in mind that there are other option. Have you ever tried a two week buprenorphine detox. They do them at methadone clinics. It might be a good option for you when your ready, so why not look into it. I think it works very well to minimize the physical aspects of withdrawal.

If you have been using for a long time, I am sure you realise that the physical withdrawal are usually the least of the problem. The psychological reasons (you talk about enjoying the anti depressant effects of opiates) are often the guts of the situation.

Be careful and I wish you well :)

I know it's oddf-topic, and since I have my poppy seeds @ $4 per 200g I'm not overly motivated to chase it up, but how is Ibogaine meant to work to cure addiction?

I don't even have an Iboga plant yet, much less access to any source for Ibogaine itself, but I've seen "Ibogaine Therapy" thrown around abit here and there, and wondered: what *class* of drug is it meant to be? Hallucinogen? Narcotic? ... Narcotic-Hallucinogen?

I *do* imagine it'd be less than easy to source; no matter what you require it for, and I know I know, it's illegal to consume - I'm only interested from an informational perspective anyhow.

I also wonder, do the fruits taste good? :)

I had a near-one gram-per-dose of codeine habit before tapering to 12 nurofen + ALWAYS CWE'd! (because I value my liver and my kidneys are already a bit shithouse so don't want them utterly wrecked) and then quitting over ten days - two weeks last year. It was far from pleasant, but do-able for sure. I found PST generally only gave me slight relaxing abilities which I took to be from the supposed contents of the seeds themselves, assumedly not from any remaining alks on the outside. I'd read up on PST and decided after all that it wasn't going to be the right thing to do, particularly given the wide range of potentcy and the fact that some seeds might end up not being washed and therefore I'd end up with a far higher actual alkaloid dosage than I'd presumed. I don't like not knowing the amount of whatever I'm ingesting; just asking for trouble IME. Tapering is IME the best way to help rid the monkey before doing the turkey.

For the hot-cold flushes, and fluey symptoms during withdrawal, pseudoephedrine works a treat for during the day :) I wish I'd remembered to take one or two HBWR seeds at night both to help sedate and to help with my Restless Legs Sydrome which went bonkers during W/D, and may help with your tremors and twitchy feet (which may or may not be actual RLS). Although come to think of it, that would be illegal, so...

Passionflower actually really does help though mildly with myself; enough though that I could put up with a few more hours of W/D before needing to have a small controlled codeine dose for further reduction. I also find low doses of extended release tramadol helps to lower the tapering codeine doses further. DON'T under any circumstances use a ER tramadol more than once per day, and it'd probably be a good idea to only have it for example once every day first three days, then once every second day for the next five or so days, then if you still need it, once every three days after for no later than three weeks.

If boredom is a problem, herbal smoking mixes (the legal kinds) should suffice for midweek/non-weekend times.

I wouldn't personally use methadone or benzodiazepines at any point because it'd be too easy to just swap addiction. I might personally consider a clinical detox regime if my use escalated to such a point again; though of course I'm really hoping that won't be necessary.

Re iboga: its a hallucinogen and can apparently potentiate opiates (making it very unsafe to combine the two). It works because it acts on the opioid receptors (among many many others) making it partially satisfy the cravings (the other part of it is the semi-conscious state it puts the user in). Definately not the best solution (needs more research and developement), but supposedly has a very high success rate.

Iv heard the fruit is slimy and tasteless and devoid of alkaloids.

A plant worth growing but i would do a LOT of research before attempting to use it - can be dangerous (severe cardiac effects and adverse reactions with lots of other substances from lots of different classes)

Im also not sure that poppy tea is a safe idea for getting off codeine, but i think everyone has covered that pretty well

Also forgot to mention, for anti-depressant effects id suggest sceletium - easy to grow and propagate, drought tolerant, fast growing and very effective

Iv heard the fruit is slimy and tasteless and devoid of alkaloids.

Yucko hey :) I didn't *expect* it'd taste like Passionfruit, but it kinda looks similar :)

A plant worth growing but i would do a LOT of research before attempting to use it - can be dangerous (severe cardiac effects and adverse reactions with lots of other substances from lots of different classes)

I plan to order myself an Iboga plant, before they too are outlawed, and difficult to obtain. As for the researching-before-consumption: I've found most all these plants - the exception maybe being the useless, pacebo fast-growing herbs - take SO long to grow to a size that's in any way useful, that you normally pickup enough information just from casual glances and threads here and there, to know how to use them :)

Im also not sure that poppy tea is a safe idea for getting off codeine, but i think everyone has covered that pretty well

I am writing a condensed, all-on-one illustrated PDF about Poppy Seed Tea - it's been so useful to me. Maybe save it as an HTML Doc too, but PDF's more compact.

The thing that's worth noting, is that even if you find yourself upping the dose to 500g/single-tea, you won't be able to do it for very long: Just today, I bought every last packet of Poppy Seeds the Coles in Glenelg had on it's shelves.. you couldn't get TOO into poppy-seed tea, before you ran out of Supermarkets or delis or more to the point: Before THEY ran completely dry on seeds, since it takes *SO* many seeds for a single tea.

Also forgot to mention, for anti-depressant effects id suggest sceletium - easy to grow and propagate, drought tolerant, fast growing and very effective

You talking about Skullcap?

Cos I recently tried a water & solvent extraction of over 1kg of that shit, and the resulting resin did *nada*.

I tried smoking it, under the tongue, even spotting, and a few simple teas, and got nothing at all from it.

*spits on Skullcap*

Ooooohhhhh.. NOT Skullcap at all. Looks like the sort of succulent you see in old pots in random backyards, though I doubt very much they're - this plant.

Kanna huh :)

What's the legal status of this plant, and how common - or uncommon - is it?

I found PST generally only gave me slight relaxing abilities which I took to be from the supposed contents of the seeds themselves, assumedly not from any remaining alks on the outside.

No no noooo. The minute traces of Opium latex on the outside of the seed-jacket is where you get your effects. Being preent only in minute quantities, it really would take you somewhere in the order of half a kilo of seeds to *really* get relaxed, but even at just 200 grams, I feel the "ahhhh" for hours from each dosing of tea.

If you consider the texture of the seeds too, it's really not hard to see how the opium resin/late/whatever can stick to them.

Check out this macro I took the other day of some standard, "Hoyts 100g bag" poppy Seeds. As you can see, the honeycomb, grid pattern and indents would be - as I figure it - quite logically a great resin-trap :) .. :

post-8906-0-15649400-1299652861_thumb.jp

post-8906-0-15649400-1299652861_thumb.jpg

post-8906-0-15649400-1299652861_thumb.jpg

Nope, 600mg/day lately - 2*30 packs per day.

Till a few days ago, that is. . At the height(s) of my habitual tablet chomping, I would consume well over 48 Neurofen+ every day. Frequently I'd have half a dozen or so left of a 75 pack at bed-time, at which point I'd get pissy about *having* to go out and secure my tablet quota the next day, and cut down a bit - for a while.

I do recall that on the days that I'd eaten a full 75 pack, I occasionally felt abit ill, but nothing to worry about

Then they changed the regulation on 48 and 75 packs, so I would go out and visit two or more chemists every day to full-fill the (calculates) .. yeah 900+.. almost 1 gram daily "habit".

Anyway, I don't feel sick at all. Only when I'd run out, about the end of the second day, I'd start to get flu-y and bluh.

So, you can understand my excitement over the PST: Something natural, costs half as much, and at low doses provides me with a subtle anti-depressant effect for hours at a time.

--J

No offence mate but its because of people like you that they introduced those changes about Codeine containing OTC's. Totally abusing them with no regard to your health or safety.

You lucky your not dead. You could have taken up booting H and would have done your body less harm, and would of at least got a good buzz.

My advice to you is do not get an iboga plant, do not consider taking iboga for a dose of ibogaine. If you put as much time into researching iboga as you did researching OTC medication then i dont think the outcome will be pretty.

• Like 3

Kanna is legal to grow and use in australia and its pretty easy to get from members here - it grows really fast and its super easy to strike from cuttings. Its definitely worth looking for, and the flowers are nice too

Despite what yaguarete says I would still say definitely still get an iboga plant, but as i said before, I wouldnt exactly recommend trying to use it, but your right it will take around 10 years before you can get it big enough and old enough to use

Hi Yogibear

I am now very concerned for your life. How on earth are you able to achieve a 600mg dose of codeine with out a CWE. Even with panadeine forte (30mg codeine per tab) you would be taking a potentially life threatening dose of paracetamolevery day. If it is over the counter then you are alive against overwhelming odds. Even if you are taking an ibuprofen/codeine mix you are extremely lucky to still be alive.

im glad i did not close this thread, because it might aswell have saved your life, but you seem to be in total denial about the dangers to your liver and health.

you have to right away stopp using any paracetamol and ibuprofen.

you can try to get a legal codein prescription, or cwe.

i knew a guy who's liver was fucked by paracetamol, once they put him onto pure codein he recovered, but the pain clinic does not provide codein in endlesss and high ammounts.

maybe an understanding gp would prescribe you codein linctus, but not in those high doses....

i close the thread now, thank you all for your insights, specialy for raising awareness about those dangers, caused by some otc medicines.