The Corroboree
Nfunk

acacia indentification?

I'm not at all experienced at identifying and these sets of photographs aren't the best: close-ups are blurry and outside shots are too distant but I I'll take a wild stab in the dark and not rule out Acacia maidenii! :lol: Someone will be along with more an idea of what they're talking about and either give you a definitive answer of whether it's what you're searching for or they'll not respond at all because of your post count, presuming you to be a drive-by, flora thief. In identifying such plants it could be a death sentence depending on your intent.

Either way, can I have your permission to put these up, with a copyleft licence, on my in-development plant gallery/identification website? :innocent_n:

Edit: IMGP1468.jpg was attached twice.

Edited by Blood Trance Fusion

thanks for your response blood trance. I will take some close ups soon with a digital camera (i couldnt find it the other day) . There is actually 2 of them growing in my backyard. And the identification of these trees will not be their death sentence I can assure you.

Too bad; the police are already onto you and Someone-Who-isn't-You because you already said it was you taking the pictures! :BANGHEAD2:

That looks like Acacia maidenii to me! Compare some images for yourself. I have around 20 of them growing, just shy of 20cm, at home now. Not sure what your intention is but though they're not ideal, they're not useless (from a certain point of view). Would be fantastic if you try anything to tell me how it goes.

My hunch is that the plant in "SWIM's" yard is either A. Maidenii, A. Longifolia, A. Obtusifolia or A. Aulacocarpa.

and why i'm asking of course is because the federal government's is allegedly looking to ban some wattle trees because it's 'dangerous'. They'r going to need to cut down a lot of trees around here if that's the case.

I think you could be correct, excluding obtusifolia but no-one else's responding... :scratchhead:

They'r going to need to cut down a lot of trees around here if that's the case.

Not just in your area; a good percentage of trees on the continent: really not going to happen.

Edited by Blood Trance Fusion

definately not obtusifolia (flowers not pale) nor maidenii (no prominent lenticels on branchlets).

• Like 1

looks like Acacia disparrima to me... this species flowers in January unlike Acacia obtusifolia which usually flowers around November... the grey green sheen to the phyllodes is also characteristic of this species...