Grow controller

sdfsdfsd

Edited by Teljkon

sdfsdfsdf

Edited by Teljkon

sfsdf

Edited by Teljkon

http://www.artisan-distiller.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3952

Temp sensors for our purposes there are probably more expensive than what you need, as we need sensitivity down to .1 of a degree and the robustness to withstand hot alcohol vapour, but will give you an idea or two.

All these basic answers should be out there on the arduino forums though, and easily found with a search.

I'm using LM33z temp sensors, they are only accurate to +/- 2ºc, but for mushroom growing or beer brewing purposes that should be fine.

Happy to post the code if you like.

I have also recently purchased some DHT11 humidity/temp breakout boards, they're digital and have a 1 wire interface. Not accurate and can only be polled every 2 seconds but again should be fine.

fgffg

Edited by Teljkon

It depends on what you are trying to do and which sensor you are using.

The code I have is for a LM33Z and it doesn't actually run in Arduino - it runs in Processing and talks to Arduino via an Arduino sketch called Firmata which passes the data to Processing. The reason for that is so that I can publish the data to Pachube.

However, now that I have moved on to the DHT11 I am struggling to make it talk to more than one sensor at a time. The DHT11 is a digital sensor and getting the data off it is a bit more complex. I have good code to read the data for a single sensor but I'm having trouble with more than one.

If you have or are getting either of these sensors let me know and I'll post my code. Not much point cluttering the board with code if no one's going to use it.

Hey Occindentalis, how much $ are wee looking at roughly for the whole way you have set up yours? I mean not including whatever temp and humidity control devices are used

Hey Occindentalis, how much $ are wee looking at roughly for the whole way you have set up yours? I mean not including whatever temp and humidity control devices are used

I am not using any control devices, just sensors.

The Arduino costs about $40. Then it's just the cost of the sensors:

The DHT11 sensors cost about $10 each. The LM33Zs are $4-5 each, the other humidity sensor I have tried (can't remember model number) cost about $20 because it was analog and a bit more accurate than the DHT11s, but I don't think that's necessary for my purposes (assuming I can get the DHT11s to work with more than one sensor at once, which I have been having trouble with).