The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
LikeAshesWeFade

WTB: LEONOTIS NEPETIFOLIA

Hey all, I have some Wild Dagga seeds on order but I am also interested in finding some LEONOTIS NEPETIFOLIA (Klip Dagga) as I've heard this has a slightly higher alkaloid content and is great as an MJ substitute. So I'm keen to find out if it matches upto or better than the Wild Lettuce! :)

Any info would be great!

Cheers guys!

once again i have excess seed thanks to auxin. will put it in with your lactuca virosa

:P

i'm interested in growing nepetifolia in very hot conditions in an attempt to get it to produce resin on the leaves which i hear you can scrape off and smoke. anyone growing klip dagga had anything like that?

Edited by centipede
  • Like 1

mate.. you are a living legend! :worship: haha thankyou soo much!!

I live in a very hot/dry (average 35 degrees in summer) climate so it would be interesting to see if they do produce a resin.

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade

Just be really careful where you grow this. I was pulling up seedlings for years after I stopped growing this. Huge weed potential.

No worries Alice I will no doubt be growing them in rather large pots upto 50-75ltrs. Are they a weed potential because they drop seeds that quickly germinate or do they have some sort of rhizome that shoots up more and more like the Phalaris spp.?

I'm pretty sure if it was to spread as a weed it would be by seed.

if one was to harvest the entire plant/cut back to a stump, rather than just plucking the flowers out and letting the seeds develop wouldn't that solve the problem?

Edited by centipede

Seeds stay viable for a long time. Hence the popping up year after year. They drop seeds easily too. Nothing to stress about too much, just keep it in mind. It can get mildly annoying when you continually pull up seedlings only to have more and more pop up.

Yeah I have this bloody mysterious nightshade that keeps popping up around my house, has big heart-shaped leaves with bright pink flowers that open at night. Once spent they drop a dark brown/black seed roughly as big as your pinky nail.

Been thinking about doing a bioassay on it but can't bring myself to do it! lol, I'm forever pulling up seedlings though as I'm sure my dog wouldn't go too well with eating it, especially if it's in the same family as Belladonna, Datura etc.