The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ref1ect1ons

Bad Idea?

So I am very sensitive to plants and know that alot of people here love and adore brugmansia and datura. I can't work-out why and am pretty scared of visual halucinogens (have yet to try aya with the light in brazil). I have posted some excerpts below of some of the most insane moments in a brug trip. So what aspects of this plant do you adore?

and I also want advice on dealing and building a relationship with plants in general, because as I said I am very scared of some plants due to my hypersensitivity. (one time after blue lotus and catnip the walls would move for example, felt very nice body load). Small doses of harmala makes my gnome very sympathetic to plants and large doses apparently makes unusual vertical lines, he/she can also see what he calls 'the ether' (energetic spakly patterns) and unusually lit/glowing spaces, and so I am not sure how to appraoach this. I am mainly scared of being out-of-it, and getting injured or seeing something which 'breaks' my mind.

Upon my arrival at my house I walked in without a shirt on and my roommate asked me where it was. I argued with him for almost a half hour that I DID have a shirt on and I was scraping the skin on my chest and pulling it out thinking it was my shirt. Not until I looked down did I realize he was right. This was around 11 p.m.

Eyesight: this stuff seriously fucks with my eyes. First of all, my depth perception was *gone*. Over the course of the night, there were a ton of times where I would try to reach out and grab something that was about 6 feet in front of my face. I would reach out 2 feet, and wonder why I wasn't touching it yet. As my hand moved closer and closer, it looked to me like I was almost moving through the object. Especially when that object did not exist. I kept trying to pick things up from the ground, but when I touched them, I couldn't get a grip on them, because they weren't real. So I would spend a while scraping and feeling the floor in an attempt to pick these things up.

Pros - Mainly, just a story to tell. There wasn't much in there that was very pleasurable, and it all just felt like a dream anyways.

I'm one of those odd people who likes the taste of shrooms and so the taste of Brugmansia leaves didn't mean much to me. Anyways, from here it goes downhill, FAST. After consumption of the two leaves I was playing around on the computer, about half an hour, and strangely could hear the plant calling to me, through the walls of my room. She wanted me to eat more, a flower this time. My very last memories of this experience involve wandering around to the living room, and nibbling at least one flower from my plant. Evidence of the next morning would suggest that I'd eaten several. I remember dancing, spinning in circles around the room, and nibbling at the flowers.

Around 6 a.m. my roommate told me to fix breakfast thinking the trip had worn off. I took a silver cake mix bowl and filled it full of milk, then stuffed an Alcopolco (a Mexican type of blanket) into the bowl and started to eat it with a fork and a knife. My roommate caught that real quick and laid me back down on the couch.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=50223

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=30951

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=68424

Edited by ref1ect1ons

I can't understand the point of the post.

The quote you give is from a tropane overdose. It's not news.

These plants have a wide range of applications

I am getting the impression you are linking tropanes with your fear towards visual hallucinogens. but I am not getting it

It sounds like you may have some interest in exploring your relationship with the datura family, (not entirely sure if that is what they are called but you know what I mean... the commonly grown nightshades belladonna, brugmansia etc).

In answer to one of the questions, what do I like most about these plants? The flowers, they are amazingly pretty to look at and as a whole the plants ooze other worldliness. But in terms of usage, I would think that this would be restricted to v. low doses for facilitate opening the eyes for other things a bit.

I remember a friend of mine ate some of one of the plants at some stage, (and I am being vague with doses, name of plant etc for a reason here) dosage unknown to me.... the effects were not for the faint hearted AT ALL and definately required a baby sitter. Preferably one who knew what they were doing with regards to plants or potentially life threatening situations.

I believe that this plant / group of alkaloids could certainly be responsible for the, 'he jumped off the balcony cause he thought he could fly' sort of myth... mainly because the hallucinations are just that... hallucinations, not distortions of normal sight type melting walls visuals, but hallucinations - like being schizophrenic for a little while. GAcK!

I think in order to build a relationship with this plant the 'lightest' as perhaps most easy to control place to begin would be smoking a very small joint of datura stramonium, (jimson/m weed, thorn apple) and seeing how that feels.

Good on you for doing some research and asking if it's a bad idea man. I think the more armed with information you can be with regard to these plants the better.

Plenty of info out there on overdoses from tropane alkaloids.

Here is a short .pdf about some accidental ingestion stories: http://smj.sma.org.sg/4905/4905cr6.pdf

smoking the leaves of brugs and datura is much safer and a difference between the 2, IMO though a tea can be fun untill you end up with cocky tongue. defs need to respect the plant and what could possibly happen, and if somthing bad does happen dont blame the plant like most people tend to, but as kindness said the flowers are beatiful and worth growing just for the flowers, look into side effects and be aware of whats going on. have a sitter

always thought "dry > homogenise > smoke (tiny amounts getting larger each time)" seemed like the safe way to dose. will go with it one day.

I've read and have been told a few scary stories involving datura... most stories end up with the protagonist in a jail cell naked and confused.

You seem pretty smart, i'd wait till you meet someone IRL who knows their shit and can take you under their wing.

Your quote seems kinda tame compared to the ones i've read

What i've been told to remember, "Whatever you're seeing, it's not there"

Admixture to the much loved, 5-10% is all, flowers ofcourse. Electric and colourful, with earthly based overtones. It is adored and loved, respected much.

What i've been told to remember, "Whatever you're seeing, it's not there"

all the reports show it's impossible to remember that

well

dry--> homogenise ---> carefully bioessay through smoking is a pretty safe way TI, that's for sure.

also, why not pick leaves [less atrpine = less side effects & more scopolamine proportionately]

you can indeed get intense effects and delirium with smoking, but apparently you have too smoke much more than you would care, not that it cannot happen, though, and you have much more chances to see ti coming.

In fact, if you're starting to having dry/sore throat, dry eyes, then you'd better not smoke much more.

I have tasted henbane leaf [albus, niger], datura [stramonium, inoxia] leaf and belladona leaf. Henbane smokes the best, IMO, nice flavour. Never did a flower as I thought it's more atropine rich [which must be true] and atropine results in more sideffects.

Tropanes are considered the devil, I think, partly because they are linked with immorality. Tropanes cause diminishing of inhibition similar to alcohol but on a different level. Take enough, and guess what: no inhibition and no consciousness of what is happening occurs, what you all have read in datura horror-reports of ingestion.

Tropanes can be sedative, stimulant, therapeutical, dream-o-gens, and in large enought dose, deliriogens and fatal poisons.

I suspect/sense [an instinct thing] that people prone to psychosis related conditions would better stay away from the delirious doses...

I just came across this post while searching for something else...

In an accidental overdose on tropane alk's I once tripped for two days. I saw spirits who I communicated with, they were walking through the room. I had a sea of reef fish and creatures circling the room the whole time, (they were kinda electric blue colour). That was aside from speaking telepathically with a friend also there who had accidentally had to much too.

At one point I puked into a bowl - my spew was green and there were little plastic chips in it... I asked my friends how the fuck I had eaten that without knowing it? they told me they weren't there... but they were lol.

The thing with this beast/friend is that it is dream real. Longer term use while travelling on boats and accidentally taking too much suggests that sub overdose the effects are about using the dream space in a lucid dreaming sort of way. It is not to be done alone. Not to be done alone, not to be done alone, not to be done alone, not to be done alone. What seems real while having to high a dose may actually be the death of ya!

A worthy plant for healing purposes in the right settings.