The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
peeko

A question for friendly

Hi friendly, tried sending an email to you but unfortunately it was bounced back to me.

I have a question for you please,

Can you please tell me of the following plants wich would you say has the most effect as an mj substitute?

Artemisia annua

Artemissia absinthum

Artemissia capillaris

Scutellaria baicalensis

These are all plants/herbs you listed in a previous post, i have ordered some sweet annie foliage to try, and have done alot of research on the net but i am still unsure, hope you can help. thanks in advance peeko

You should try Leonotis leonurus. There was a large buzz not long ago here about ethanolic extraction of the flowers into a hashlike substance was very very similar to the mj high.

SAB sells the plants cheaply, but I believe the plant (commonly called Lion's Tail or Wild Dagga) has a reputation for being unpredictable. Worth a shot anyway.

Thank's apothecary, i do remember reading about that, he kept everyone in suspense with the species, yes i think i will grow some leonotis, and do some research on ethanol extraction method. thanks again , peeko. :)

In the midwest of the USA, A. annua is often smoked as an mj substitute, although I have never tried it.

Back in the 60's much of the Mexican Cannabis that hit the east coast was cut with A. absinthum, something I figured out years later.

When I moved to the west coast from the east coast in the 60's, I noticed that the pot in California had a different effect than that in New England although both were souced from Mexico.

Years later I got a considreable amount of A. absinthum juice on my ungloved hands while harvesting a patch in late fall after the rains had begun and the plants were swollen with water.

Later, upon smoking, I noticed the identical signature effect I had found lacking in pot in California--it was unmistakable--and concluded that A. absinthum was the cause and the east coast cannabis had been adulterated.

A. capillaris is another strange one. I reall do not know what to say about it except I made a 5x and used to (might still) have a smoking product on the site that was half A. capillaris and half blue lily flowers called Blue capillaris. It kicked ass.

I don't know if you could call it cannabis-like, though. It was different from anything else I have ever tried.

Scutellaria baicalensis and S. nana have both been called 'mad dog skullcap', although there is some dispute as to that.

A good friend smokes Scutellaria foliage before retiring, a trait she picked up during her doctoral studies when she needed to relax and asked me what she could try.

I have smoked both and found them to be relaxing and euphoric (though a bit harsh) with S. nana the better of the two.

Elsewhere in this forum I give an addy for a supplier of S. nana and various Pedicularis species for those interested in pursuing them further.

Hello friendly, thank you so much for your reply, alot of effort in it, i'm sure alot of others will be also greatful for this information :cool: