The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
No_One

Healing and Strange Occurences.

Hey Guys,

Something strange happened to me today and I'm having no luck searching the net for possible explanations so I thought I'd ask here.

Basic History: I've been working on getting rid of muscle/posturial rigidity. I don't follow any formal technique I just assume postures and perform movements that feel as though they would loosen up the tightness I feel. Progreesively my range of motion has increased and my tensions dissipated.

What Happened Today: I felt tight down the inside of my right arm and down through my right leg in a sort of a straight line, without putting much thought into it I stomped my foot and sort of punched toward the earth at the same time - somehow it did something and I had more feeling in that arm and more range of motion. The weird thing was on the little finger side (just in front of my wrist) on the palm of my hand where the thrust/force of the punch would have been transfered there were beads of fluid, I hadn't been handling water/liquids before it and my other hand wasn't clammy at all nor were the other areas of my palm.

Has anyone heard of such a phenomenon i.e. random sweat/fluid excretion happening in any sort of therapies/practices/etc.

Anyone have a theory?

Anyone had any random or strange occurences through self-healing?

Peace.

Edited by No_One

Huh, never heard of that before, with the beads of sweat. Maybe it's a tightness originating in your neck or top back/shoulder somewhere making the tight muscles put pressure on your spinal cord. Perhaps when you stomped you cracked an errant vertebra/e back into place, releasing the pressure on the nerves further down arm and leg? Maybe you should see a good therapeutic masseur and ask them about it. On the mid-north coast you should have no problems finding an openminded masseur.

Yeah I've been scrounging round and found some stuff that seems plausible; apparently there are accupuncture points along this imaginary straight line and certain pathologies can give a feeling of deadness which is how I would describe what I felt in my arm prior to punching/stomping/thrusting.

Alegedly mechanical manipulations can alleviate the pathologies/symptoms and restore proper (or close to it) in the affected organs/tissues - punching/stomping/thrusting was a self-inflicted mechanical manipulation so I think I'm oing to run with this theory.

Funnily enough TCM claims restrictions of a certain type of qi (defensive) influences the opening and closing of sweat glands in that area so possibly getting more qi/life back into this dead/numb part of my arm may have influenced regulation of the sweat glands along that meridian leading to a spontaneous release - strange.

Massage and Acupuncture are definately on the cards.

Peace.