The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
frusciante

ACACIA HELP

hi lads, just wondering what species of psychoactive acacia are the most common in south eastern victoria? your help will be appreciated

I really Dont Think any one Will Tell You Maybe You Should Do Some Reasearch your self From What you Said To me i can Name A few That Live In your Area And Have Some Traces Of Alkaloids in Them But Its Up to You..Show Some Initiative and Look Around The Net Then Ill Gladly Offer Some Advice You Might Wanna Google Acacia And Your Town Name or close by Parks

Hope this Helps

Also You Might Wanna Post anything In The Future With The Acacia As Your Main Topic In The Australian Native Plants Forum

Edited by The Deb-One-Amine

DTWTYMYSDSRFWSTNATLIAAHSTOATBIUYSSILATNTIGOSAYMWGAAYTNPHHAYMWPITFWTAAYMTITANPF ........

lol Dam deb i tought all the Capitals were a key to a code... it spells nothing... :P

Start with this list

Edited by vual

DTWTYMYSDSRFWSTNATLIAAHSTOATBIUYSSILATNTIGOSAYMWGAAYTNPHHAYMWPITFWTAAYMTITANPF ........

lol Dam deb i tought all the Capitals were a key to a code... it spells nothing... :P

Start with this list

XD Damn Ocd Its Bad And education failed me

but i still retain a great knowledge in main fields of focus :P

Edited by The Deb-One-Amine

thanks i have done a fair bit of research, and i know they types that contain psycho actives just wanted the most common ones so i could narrow it down. anyway ill post a pic of an acacia ive had my eyes on

Hey frusciante welcome man :)

Just wanted to let you know that it is not a well accepted activity to go into the bush and start hacking at acacias to gain the psychoactives contained therein. If you have a bit of a look through some of the other threads here you will find one that specifically talks about taking only fallen wood, such as might occur after a storm or windy weather. It has also been noted that taking many strips of bark from many trees puts all those trees at greater risk to disease, possibly death - it has been noted it's better to take from only one, (I do not endorse that btw :( ).

Acacias are pretty fast growers and relatively easy to grow, knowing a plant personally I think is what its about for me :)

Sometimes you might even find interesting species at your local native nursery or council, (if they do tree stuff).

Basically I'm just trying to say that there is plenty of pillaging of our forests going on already without people like us, hacking into em as well.

but hey, you probably weren't going to do that to the tree you had your eye on... you probably just want to hang out with it a bit and get used to em?

peace

• Like 2

raping and pillaging the acacia was furthest from my mind, i live near many national parks and finding fallen debris wont be a problem at all.

also i live in an are which had a small bushfire last year and the amount acacia regrowth is absoulutely huge which is very good.

thanks for looking out menies

Ok Well If you Go Out and get a few Pics Many people On this Forum Will Jump Up and Help You Id Your Pics Just Make Sure You Have nice Clear Pics Of Leave Structure Maybe Some Notes On leave Length Flowering Type.. also a full clear tree shot and we probably can id them for you and help you gain a better understanding of the species and its varietys.

@ frusc - cool bro - wasn't having a go at ya... just felt it was my duty to somehow put it out there... if not to you personally but also to anyone lurking around the site reading the posts as well.

Looking forward to seeing your forests :) always love to see peoples pic's of those special spots out there

peace

@ frusc - cool bro - wasn't having a go at ya... just felt it was my duty to somehow put it out there... if not to you personally but also to anyone lurking around the site reading the posts as well.

Looking forward to seeing your forests :) always love to see peoples pic's of those special spots out there

peace

too true bro all the pics are of twigs n shit i wanna see some great pictures...i wanna be blown away whilst learning...im gonna get my camera crankin next few weeks and ill pump you guys Geelongs Acacia Family Pics.