The Corroboree

Not sure where exactly to introduce myself so this seems a fine enough section. Hi I'm 13thdimensionconnection, I am fairly new to ethnobotany and I am yet to grow anything however I am very interested in setting some things up in the near future. I have relatively little experience with psys, apart from some ineffective mushrooms and a godawful time with yopo, but I am eager to expand my horizons. I currently live in the CQ region and I don't know much about what plants would be ideal for the climate or what already exists here so I am here to learn as much as I can.

You have come to the right place, there is an insanely large amount of info on this site, hope you enjoy your time here and find out as much as you need.

Welcome,

I reckon you will find a heap of plants that like it where you are :)

mz

Welcome 13thdimensionconnection.

how cold does it get at yours? Like meanies said there is always some cool things to grow in most climates

Welcome 13thdimensionconnection start researching your local plants you would be surprised what you have, a simple trip tot he library will get you started.

Central Queensland I think san pedro some loph diffusa, khat would all work in an arid region. Ideal for cactus though. The thing about queensland is that we can get almost anything going.

Hi!

Ahoi hoi

Temperatures generally range from high teens at the coldest to high thirties at the hottest so it is pretty warm. Cactus seems to thrive in some parts of the local environment so I have definitely been interested in San Pedro cultivation. Cubes grow in select areas here also however I have never had a successful pick and while I have heard good stories about indoor growing I am not sure how I would go about setting one up. One plant I have been very interested in growing up here is Salvia D as an experiment in the climate but I dunno how I would start that one either.

Welcome mate. You'll have no trouble growing San Pedros your way, or virtually anywhere in Aus, and there is access to a lot of different varieties in species and strains of various Trichocereus through this community.

In regards to Sally.. it is very illegal (just as much as kratom, cannabis, coca and opium poppies) in this country and thus you shouldn't talk about growing it or planning to grow it as rule number one in the forum rules is "Do not incriminate yourself or others."

Just figure I'd give you a heads up in case you jump onto the trade section and make a post about wanting to get cuttings.

In regards to cube growing, also very illegal, you're best off checking out shroomery.org as you'll get all the information you could ever want or need there.. From what I've heard it's quite easy as long as you build a good setup and have common sense. Spore prints do float around as trading goods but those are meant to be traded for microscopy related purposes only, and not to be used for growing :wink:

As mentioned Khat would grow quite well in your area as has mad waxy cuticles and thus is very drought resistant... I'm sure any other common dry loving ethno would also be fine i.e. Calea, Heimia, Ephedra etc. Dunno how you'd go about growing certain magic acacias there but you never know with natives - they are very adaptable to suit Australia's extreme conditions.

Besides that.. welcome again. Don't be afraid to ask questions but use the search engine first, there is a shitload of information on this site and often what you're trying to find out has already been asked and answered.

Hang around, find other members in your local community, attend meets and get yo garden growing.

Welcome to the forums :) I guarantee you'll be as obsessed with this site as I was when I first started coming as the entire gardening thing was relatively new to me, let alone ethnobotany specifically. So much great information and many friendly and knowledgable people.