The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
paradox

jah nuh dead deep chill dubstep remix

this is a raw test mixdown of a full remix of sinead o'conners version of burning spears jah nuh dead. totally unmastered un eq'd un compressed & raw... it's still in the creative stage & i haven't refned it. all programming by me except vocal samples of course which i have quite painstakingly stretched, synced & re shuffled the rhythm & groove. bass & synth is done live on korg Emx & via midi keyboard & rob pappens albino & live acoustic guitar

http://soundcloud.com/paradox3/jahnuhdead

& for those interested here is the original acapella version on youtube..

Edited by paradox
  • Like 1

Very cool creative talent you have. This will sound wicked all mastered up :)

Im loving the subtle textures towards the end. Gives the track a nice canvass.

Man we gotta write some stuff together, i still love the old remix of trouble in paradise :)

Edited by Slybacon

I like! :bong:

... something I'm not feeling about the beat.. samples maybe? or maybe its the mastering, I'm no muso or producer so got nfi. something is off?... it is still dope, i love how you fucked around with her voice. Reminds me of.... who was that guy that had this really minimal dubstep.. super popular a little while ago... Burial! got that same fuzz/noise spacey-ness, atmospheric the word?

Edited by The Dude

thanks guys, yeah dude, one of the kicks is a quarter step late... it's meant to kind of fuck you up a bit, but i think it really needs some tweeking if it gonna work. also the drums aren't at all compressed so lack a lot of punch & drive & generally don't sound that full..

thanks for the feedback! appreciate it fellas

& yeah Sb, definitely have to collab some time man! i still haven't made it up your way for fuckin ages, i seriously gotta come up & see some people!

& do you really still have that track? haha, thats some serious old school shit, that was done on making waves after i got it off brownee, completely using a single 15W guitar amp as a monitor in a tiny tin shack in the middle of the bush... probably in mushroom season lol

them were the days :lol:

Edited by paradox

Edited by paradox

Edited by paradox