The Corroboree

Question

7 answers to this question

Myrtillocactus , but not a Trichocereus... I have never seen a Trichocereus of any sort in a Bunnings in west oz, not like eastern state bunnings which have them sometimes?

ya get the odd spach at bunnings over here but thats it. ya better off going to garden centers

That is a blue myrtle like the others have said, i love myrtles tho - they have alot of character plus they grow thousands of berries when mature.

Bunnings is great, i have bought some my finest trichs from bunnings - i got a beautiful t. scop and two different t. peruvianus (one more kk242 the other more macrogonus) from bunnings.

I may have just been lucky, but its work keeping any eye out.

I love myrti too, got many of them. I hear the berries are edible?

I just wanted to ask a quick Q

dose anyone know if they have a tendency to throw allot of pups from the top areola's towards the tip more so than base

Oh & im talking young plants around the age of 1yr of slightly bigger than the one Symbiate has pictured

Ive seen Pach's of various sizes being sold at Bunnings Maddington in the past couple of years.

I just wanted to ask a quick Q

dose anyone know if they have a tendency to throw allot of pups from the top areola's towards the tip more so than base

Oh & im talking young plants around the age of 1yr of slightly bigger than the one Symbiate has pictured

definately not!

They pup less than trichos and when they do it's from the base [talking about relative young plants, dunno about big old ones]. Pupping at the tip might be caused by mealy bugs. [Mealies induce pupping IME, so in a way they're like natural, not toxic BAP]

Edited by mutant