The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Flange

Any suggestion for good smoking?

Hey all , im kinda new to ethnobotany and after reading abit about them ive placed an order for these 3 to try.

Nymphaea nouchali var caerulea (lotus)

Turnera diffusa Damiana Herb 20g

Heimia salicifolia Herb

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for other similar herbs to try?

I want to stick to smokable things and dont want long lasting LSD type trips so from what ive read i like the sound of Salvia.D because of the length and "spiritual yet not insane" type experiences often described.

Dream herb is also going to be on my shopping list so if anyone in knows where i can find/or has any to spare let me know.

Cheers

[ 11. October 2004, 02:31: Message edited by: Flange ]

lol, tobacco is the only thing i wish i never started smoking, altho now that you mention it , it could be a good look me walking around with a fat cuban stickin outa my mouth.. :D

Lotus flowers i hope to try soon, and ive seen blue and white? I gotta do some reading.

And yea reville im really looking forward to the dreamherb, even tho ive read mixed results.

Also, a friend is currently raving about his woodrose seed trips, mostly closed eye visions and the usual, is there anything apart from Salvia.D that has short lasting similar efects??

I just dont feel comfortable taking the plunge into his 6-12 hour journeys on his brews.

Its been a while since ive known of any SD source (being illigal these days i guess),an even good MJ is harder to find, but are there still any seeds of SD or any of that funky MJ you see on overseas websites floating around? An if so how would i get my hands on some?! :D

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Anyway thanks for the replys.

Speaking of Cuban cigars, what do you think of Cohiba? Romeo y Julieta? I had Jamaican cigars around Treasure Beach (south Jamaica) that beat them all out.

Originally posted by Flange: is there anything apart from Salvia.D that has short lasting similar efects??

yes, its called dmt! :)

DMT hey?? :P Ill do some reading on it, i dont know much about it. Is it legel/easy to get in Ausralia? And i think it requires extraction yea?

..i cant belive i can go buy heroin or MDMA or whatever alot easier than it is to find 1 or 2 plants... some democracy ! :D :mad: :mad: :D

Anyway , the search continues....

Flange:

Lotus flowers i hope to try soon, and ive seen blue and white? I gotta do some reading.

And yea reville im really looking forward to the dreamherb, even tho ive read mixed results.

Theres Blue, White and Pink lotus about plus N gigantea which is looking interesting if just for the different way it brews up

I have dreamherb. PM me

[ 12. October 2004, 19:27: Message edited by: reville ]

damiana and blue lotus makes quite a nice smoking mix. Although i find that making a tea with a teaspoon or two of damiana gives stronger effects than smoking.

Flange:

DMT hey??    :P    Ill do some reading on it, i dont know much about it. Is it legel/easy to get in Ausralia? And i think it requires extraction yea?

It's completely illegal, although it is absolutely everywhere, even humans produce it! so by government thinking people are illegal (maybe that's why they lock so many people in jail ). It is found in HEAPS of plants worldwide, and there are native species to australia that contain good quantities ie. Acacia obtusifolia, a. maidenii, a. phlebophylla and others reported to have yielded well too, though one of the cleanest native sources known, A. phlebophylla, is extremely endangered and remote, so no touching that species.

I wouldn't say it's particularly easy to come by in pure or a crudeish alkaloid extract form, though it is becoming more well known among many different groups.

Some worthwhile things to look into in regards to dmt and other closely related tryptamines are, ayahuasca brews and ayahuasca analogs, yopo, cebil and epena snuffs, just about any sort of pschoactive preparation within and around south america.

Even have a look at phalaris grass within australia.

re smoking things, might be worth while looking into duboisia hopwoodii (pituri)if you can get hold of some, though mainly chewed, but can be smoked.

Many people like/have reported relaxing effects from Nepeta cataria (catnip), easy to grow, yields foliage heavily, heavy seeder, pretty much a weed like any mint, easy to clone etc.

Also look into mexican poppy (i think??), have no experience with this, though some people have reported good things, maybe they can add a little more about it.

Anyhoo, good luck! (I recommend lotus as already mentioned)

Hey guys , thanks for all your help and info.

Im going to look up all your suggestions, ive come across the term "ayahuasca brew" alot in my searching as well and sounds interesting but looks like it involves alot of different ingredients and some mixing and matching with whats available to you..

Thanks again

Ah sorry, I should have written it a little better.

I was meaning if you want to learn more about dmt and related tryptamines, then those points are some good words to search for and read up on.

Wasn't suggesting things to prepare, as it would be illegal to do so in australia.

It's a fascinating topic to investigate even if you never do get a chance to try it in a legal country.

:)