The Corroboree
Hashassian

magic ones in the desert

Yeah right!

does anyone know if such fungi excists?

spare some cubes?

once living on the mornington penninsula in Vic, abundance of my fav wavey gold tops.

now living in the desert in Vic......the cow shit dries hard before it even hits the ground! let alone support life!!

is importing spores illegal?

cheers guys

spare some cubes? lol

Fungus would most definitely live in many deserts but not the kind you are looking for (edit: I think!) :rolleyes:

Edited by Micromegas

Desert Vic?? Lol

I would just wait a few more months if i were you when subs are in season, then go a bit central for a look.

ive seen them pretty far north in vic, not TOO far from the border, in forest.

Good luck

not many camels in the mallee. Lots of datura and dust!

old mate is doing well so far with some tropical plants growing here (iboga, vocanga, HBW, viridis, cebil, caapi)

catcus, mj, khat, love this place but i have the feeling my little stain blue friends will be no where to be found.

a family member of old mate owns a huge mushroom farm here.......spare spores anyone?

not many camels in the mallee. Lots of datura and dust!

old mate is doing well so far with some tropical plants growing here (iboga, vocanga, HBW, viridis, cebil, caapi)

catcus, mj, khat, love this place but i have the feeling my little stain blue friends will be no where to be found.

a family member of old mate owns a huge mushroom farm here.......spare spores anyone?

Message me your address, i'll send you some spores that you can look at on your microscope.

well ill be!!

i have been talking to the mushroom gods, bringing them into my reality, to learn to grow my own "edible" shrooms in the mallee.

The last 4 days here have been wet and around 30c. Yesterday under my cebil tree, growing out of sugar cane mulch is a small shroom that looks like a liberty cap but more rusty brown, dosnt stain blue, slightly twisting up at the ends with a smooth thin stem, the grills come down to the bottom where they start to cris cross or looks like little squares. rusty light brown grills. no spore print test atm.

I have looked and cant identify, but im thinking not "edible".

To me this is just a sign they are listening and coming!!!

ask, believe, create, receive!! i love earth!!! :wink:

always nice to see fungi popping up. can you take a pic of the mushroom? it could well be, though chances are it probably isnt, libs are a true rare find here, often confused with other species.

nevertheless do take a sporeprint :)

is it an old grazing ground there?

Qr

no its not a liberty as it has popped up in a pot with my cebil plant which has sugar cane mulch around the top. no poopies. probably a wood chip type. i have a bit of experience with shroom identification. looks familiar. but not "tasty".

suns out today, back up over 30c and its starting to die.

ill just leave it, not take prints and just thank the shroom gods for the sign.

today ill just getting high off the power and magic of the universe and prepare for the coming as one of the fine members here have sent some spores for my microscope viewing!

I have the feeling this is a temptation and patience test. Not just grab it and swallow but to prepare properly as its been a good 8years since my last shroom sessions.

i feel like a kid in a candy store! wooohooo

Lots of different native fungi grow in the Mallee.

Some very big ones.

Walking through a stand of Belah and bull mallee,my brother once found what he thought was an old horse saddle.

On closer inspection it turned out to be a large bolete, Phlebopus marginatus about 45-50 cm across!

after rain esp. in autumn/ winter, it's amazing how quickly the landscape changes.

And in the protected microclimate of a domestic garden mulched with woodchip,

you might be surprised at what may grow there too. :wink:

these little things are popping up on all the pots with sugar cane mulch on top. although i did put the peet moss from my iboga seed pod on the sugar cane mulch, could they have come from there? are these a shroom\iboga cross? LOL

ive tried to get spore print, but on black and white paper i cant see anything yet?

they are caramel color that go darker brown towards the end of there cycle and end up with a darker spot on the top of the cap.

cap is bell shape

stem is white and smooth

gills seem to follow the color of the cap and get chocolate brown when they mature\die

they seem to die off around mid afternoon.

anyone care to have a guess.

they are only small and my crappy camera wont take a good pic.

Hey, any pic is definately better than none

shroom\iboga cross? haha only one way to find out :drool2: (jk)

try taking a spore print on foil, and looking at it in the light. it works a treat.