The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Atlas

What is this plant?

Question

I don't know what this plant is, the flower is like a argreiya but the leaves are wrong, Im thinking a species of morning glory?

If its useful for entho's it is covering my town by the acres!!

These flowers are a bit sun and drought stressed, they look good in full bloom, aisde from being a noxious weed

post-5800-126420864803_thumb.jpg

post-5800-126420870295_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atlas

10 answers to this question

Also, I've never seen this ipomoea or the other ones that are naturalised around here drop seed.

Have been told that the other nativised ipomoea (the more purple of the two with leaves that look much more ovate) can have a small amount of actives in the flower and as suggested, tried infusing a bottle of white with a lot of the flowers, the taste itself is worth a try.

Peace

Also, I've never seen this ipomoea or the other ones that are naturalised around here drop seed.

Have been told that the other nativised ipomoea (the more purple of the two with leaves that look much more ovate) can have a small amount of actives in the flower and as suggested, tried infusing a bottle of white with a lot of the flowers, the taste itself is worth a try.

Peace

Irie,

Kinda looks like sweet potatoes??

Respect

Z

Yes, it's Ipomoea cairica. You'll always find it on the coast.

Hi all

Ipomoea cairica is rampant on the east coast of NSW, does not produce many seeds.

The plant your thinking of mindExpansion is Ipomoea violacea, another filthy weed that invades on alot of natives, also seeds rarely. Both should be destroyed!!

Both have a low alkaloid content anyway.

Its also in same family as Sweet potatoes,

Convolvulaceae.

Cheers

procasterz

Hi all

Ipomoea cairica is rampant on the east coast of NSW, does not produce many seeds.

The plant your thinking of mindExpansion is Ipomoea violacea, another filthy weed that invades on alot of natives, also seeds rarely. Both should be destroyed!!

Both have a low alkaloid content anyway.

its not I. vilolacea you're thinking of but I. indica.

sorry ,yer totally right... I.violacea isnt a weed anywhere on the east coast..

I used to work in bush regeneration before horticulture, and we pulled out tons of the shit..

Cheers

procasterz

easy mistake bro, damn i feel your pain, pulling out Ipomea. the sap irrtates your skin & smells...wierd. you have to follow the tendrils for many meters, sometimes through thick lantana or worse so you can pull out the roots & all. then if you don't wrap it in bundle & hang it away from the ground it'll just reshoot roots :ana:

yep, that shit sux for a bush re-generator

yeh the shit sux alright, it layers very easily.. Got used to the sap though.

I wish it were violacea :wink:

Rap it up and hang it a tree.You can also scrape near the base and pour a little bit of glyphosate on .

Yer not a bush regenerator are ya xodorap ?