The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
MrPotato

Honokiol - Anybody ever try it for anxiety?

Hi mrpotato, I have been stumbling across references to honokiol in other forums recently , and all seem to say the same thing, that it is a very real non placebo alt to benzo's .. the 98% pure honokiol, taken in approx dosage of 500 mgs apparently kills anxiety with little drowsiness. It sounds too good to be true, and I would love to give it a try.

Perhaps some others on this forum might have a bit more info or have tried it.

Please report back if you try it.

edit.

it appears that 500 mgs would be too much for a starting dose.

For someone with no benzo tolerance according to some references 25 to 50 mgs would be good for a test.

500 mgs would probably be the sort of dose for someone with high benzo tolerance.

I have ordered some 98% and it should be here about the 15th jan.

will report back after i have tried it.

Edited by clarence

trying to get pure honokiol is actually quite difficult. most of the samples I've had analysed were either pure magnolol or a mix of 80% magnolol with some honokiol. I think unless a sample is independently verified it is probably safe to say that most of the honokiol on the market is actually magnolol or a combination with magnolol. The sedative attributes given for honokiol certain fit magnolol, so while the name might be wrong, the activity isn't.

My interest is mostly in pure honokiol for anti cancer purposes, which is why I had to ascertain actual ID of the commercial materials on the market. Honokiol is also a multitude more expensive than magnolol - a simple indicator of what you might have in hand [ie if it is roughly the same price as magnolol then it most likely is magnolol, but sadly the reverse does not always apply].

oh great. I ordered honokiol powder from the us and it got stopped by quarantine.

they say that because the package says not for human consumption, they want to know what it is used for.

Any suggestions to help me free it from quarantine?

cheers.