The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
deanowski

Legal alternatives to Marijuana

there is no substitute for tha herb.

let's all praise jah for giving it to us.

Cannabis is far and away my favorite herb; there is nothing that is close to it in effect.

That being said, if one cannot (for whatever reason) obtain Cannabis there are other herbs that are potent in their own right one may use in it's stead if one wishes to accomplish a consciousness alteration.

These are often pleasurable in their own way and stand on their own as valuable consciousness altering herbs.

However, if it weren't for Cannabis who would know about Kratom, Sceletium, Blue Lily or any of the other truly worthwhile psychoactive herbs--there are many--that have been uncovered since people found out, primarily from Cannabis, that herbs had these properties?

I don't think we will ever find something quite as remarkable as Cannabis, but that is not going to keep me from looking at new herbs.

Or any of you, for that matter.

And one never knows, does one?

Look how many have turned up in the past ten years that were previously 'unknown' and are now a standard part of the entheopharmacy.

I know there are many more as yet unfound and untested; we hear of a few new ones every year now, it seems.

Several on these boards are actively involved in the search.

We all have much to learn....

Just look at Salvia divinorum.

Who could have guessed?

[ 19. September 2004, 01:37: Message edited by: friendly ]

Nothing pisses me off like ignorant sheeple spewing garbage about "how addictive marijuana is", how it "has 20 times the nicotine as tobacco" or how it leads directly to the use of hard drugs that cannot activate the cannabinoid receptors. In my mind, if someone is having a heart attack and I intentionally destroy their medication, resulting in death, then I'm obviously guilty of a homicide. Therefore, the U.S. Federal govenment has a lot to answer for after maliciously attacking patients and killing their medicine. Political factions have been commiting negligent homicide in the U.S. for decades now.

If God came down from heaven this very minute, I know the DEA would try to arrest him for cultivation.

[thus continues my "anti-pot people are the devil" rant :P ]

Nicotine?!?!?!?!!. Damn.

No wonder I don't seem to want to stop.... :D

I am fully with you Officer Steve: Pot prohibition has ruined countless lives around the world.

Making it 'medically available' only strengthens their position that it needs controlling.

None the less, I have gotten my medical card (chronic pain and spasms) as it's the only legal way I can use this medicine, which helps me far more than Percodan and Prozac ever did.