The Corroboree
Chiral

'Look after your mates' at Leavers: police say.

Police Commissioner Karl O'Callaghan has urged the 10,000 school leavers expected to descend on south western towns and Rottnest Island to "look after your mates".

Leavers officially begins on Tuesday and will end on Friday, November 27.

Year 12 students will be heading to locations including Dunsborough, Rottnest Island, Busselton and Mandurah to celebrate the end of school.

Police sniffer dogs will be deployed to leavers hotspots during the week as police direct their attention to illicit drug use among teenage boys and girls.

Mr O'Callaghan called for schoolies to keep an eye on their friends and find help if problems occur.

"Perhaps the most important message I can give Leavers is to look after your mates," he said.

"That means sticking together - there's safety in numbers and getting help when friends are injured or unwell...and intervening when tempers flare."

Leavers-only Entertainment Zones will be set up in two popular schoolies destinations this year to provide a focus for celebrations and keep them safe.

The zones will be established in Rottnest and Dunsborough from November 24 to 27.

All students who purchase an $80 Leavers wristband will have access to three nights of DJ's, games, food and transport to and from the entertainment zones.

Police in schoolies locations will once again maintain a significant presence during with a focus on community and road safety.

South west officers will conduct road side checks of vehicles and drivers.

Police will be present before, during and after the official School Leavers Week.

Troublemakers on Rottnest Island will be evicted while water police will be patrolling the water.

The Commissioner said the police presence was designed to make sure those year 12 students who are trying to have

a good time can do so safely and not be effected by those only there to cause trouble.

SOURCE

Pigs are Dogs

nah man, chicken are sheep. I love the SAB newspaper :D

kewl, so I can't get to the main surf break for a week. great, and now cause I'm not a teenager I get looked at like a tooly.

Lol, ......well anyway yes do look after your mates, and especially your girlfriends, because schoolies means an influx of "toolies" preying upon the inebriated young virgins...best not to drink in public, hire a unit and get trashed there ...saves spending a night in the lock up, and having the cops phoning your mum to come get you... post-4908-1258603478_thumb.jpg

woodstock_poster1.jpg

woodstock_poster1.jpg

"That means sticking together - there's safety in numbers and getting help when friends are injured or unwell...and intervening when tempers flare."