The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
coin

thai eggplant seed wanted

anyone have seeds for the little pea-sized thai eggplants?

or the golf-ball sized ones, white mottled with green (maybe they're unripe at that stage..) ?

[ 17. February 2003, 01:59: Message edited by: coin ]

the diggers club ran a promo on eggplants some time back, maybe ask them?

Hi all.

It's been many, many months since I've been circulating, mostly because I've had an awful year with getting thoroughly shafted by someone I trusted, having family and friends die, and getting caught up in the ARPIS debacle in July.

It's spring though and I'm right-side-up again, and one ray of light that remains from my shafting earlier in the year is that I was introduced to Thai eggplants and their unique place in green curries. I'm keen to track down seeds with which to grow my own and rather than start a new thread I thought that I'd resurrect Coin's old one from ten years ago.

I'm after both the Solanum melongena cultivars such as 'Thai Violet Prince', 'Thai Yellow Egg' and 'Thai Round Green'; and also Solanum torvum, the turkeyberry or pea eggplant. I'd be especially interested in Solanum torvum 'Puangyok'.

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful. Now that I'm back in the saddle I'll be checking PMs much more regularly.

Cheers guys.