The Corroboree
DarkSpark

ID these please regular cacti

Question

ok so these were a few cuttings given to me a year or two ago by some friends. Never found out what they are and now my first one is starting to get sick, and i need too figure out what it is.

getting these little brown dimples/brown spots on it, appears as though its moisture related almost looks like acid burn type shit, as well as yellowing leaves. only in shitty cheap potting mix and i haven't been fertilizing them enough lately (maybe the cause of yellowing)

The guy told me it was a "night cactus" or some crap no idea why or if it is relevant in any way. i just love the way the new centre branch is growing, with ribs for strength i will get some close ups tomorrow morning.

also the other one(first pic) is just some crazy thing that grows everywhere around here its pretty cool

th_112_0036-1.jpg

th_112_0037.jpg

th_112_0038-1.jpg

Edited by DarkSpark

Hey guys i am getting some really wierd growth from my epiphyllum. It has just had it's last flush of flowers from what i can see and has started getting these wierd long round stems. the rest of it has grown from blades but these are a single stem which still has areola that have two tiny hairs coming out of them. i have three of these stems growing presently. the first two are between 30 and 45cms pointing straight up and there is another one growing sideways its about 15cms.

You will notice the other blade growing up in the air has grown normally but these dont seem to be getting any form of "flat" branching at all. it is wierd and cool. I love the color though. starting to go green now at the bottom. Anyone else grow epiphyllums and know what i can expect from these new branches ?

tip of one of the new "growths

th_EPIPHYLLUMSPIKE.jpg

areola close up, can faintly see hairs etc

th_spikehairs.jpg

shot of the whole plant

th_DSCF0143.jpg