The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
The Jamanoid

Aussieponics

Claims made on the site:

"Most of our hydroponics gear is back with a manufacturers warranty and all our items are backed with the Aussieponics guarantee of quality "If something is wrong, we will do everything we can to make it right!"

So sit back, make your purchase and payment and rest easy. Once your order is in our hands, we wont let you down."

Well thus far, a product sold by them has let me down, my "growlush" ballast, which I of course use to better grow my herbs and chilli plants, just stopped working after only 10 days of normal use.

Now I'm generally pretty apprehensive about dealing with online stores...

They were contacted with a product enquiry under a different name/email to send a reply confirming that similar items/packages did in fact have a warranty - funny enough when there's the prospect of a sale they get back to their "new customer" within 20 minutes :

"Hello anna,

all items in the kit have one year replacement warranty.

Regards!

Nelson D

Aussieponics"

- BUT when an email is sent (as it was on the same day, wednesday about 15 minutes later) under the purchase name, well within business hours, explaining that there's been a problem with one of their existing products, and that a person would simply like some INFORMATION about at very least how to get it fixed...well, here we are 5:03pm after general business hours end, Friday afternoon, not having heard anything whatsoever.

I know I'm not the most patient person, but no email back in two and a bit days? No "Ok, I'll look into it and get back to you"?

Not even a freakin' auto response of "Your enquiry has been recieved, staff will contact you...etc"?

I'm not satisfied with this at all, it shows a general lack of care on the part of whoever is running the joint - If the other email hadn't been so promptly answered I might have not come to this conclusion, but they leave no other recourse than to assume I've been doing business with a dodgy place.

"NOW RATED AS AUSTRALIA'S BEST ONLINE HYDROPONICS STORE!"

By who? Aussieponics? Surely not anyone who's dealt with their lack of efficiency and post-sales support.

I mean if that's the case, and they're that shit-hot, surely it's within their means to provide the support they offer, send an email back and actually do the right thing here.

My expectations may be high, but really - if you're selling a product, and taking profit, customer enquiries and service/product related complaints ought to be handled with the same level of priority.

Something is wrong, and they've not done a thing to "make it right".

At this point, I wouldn't advise anyone purchases anything from them whatsoever as it would seem there's no guarantee of any kind of service.

This message will be posted in various locations until they decide to address the problem and this situation comes to a satisfactory resolution, because people ought to know where and who to avoid.

- B.

Edited by The Jamanoid

Id try a phone call before i got pissed off. It is much easier to convey and recieve messages over the phone and you arent sitting around waiting for days for a reply. Yes you may be put through to another person or even put on hold but it will be alot quicker and easier than email in most instances. I wouldnt write them off too quickly!

I'm sorry, I guess I didn't cover the whole story and perhaps gave the impression that I'm not the most patient person.

While I'm not, I'm a little more systematic and patient than that before I fly off the hinge.

My first thought was actually to make a phone call to them, but I logged on to their website to find this:

http://www.aussieponics.com/contact.html

Don't feel like looking at the link? Essentially what it says is that they can be contacted via email, and "live assistance".

Live assistance is NEVER online, like never ever.

No phone number provided, and I've had a look on Whitepages too - no such listing, so I assume they're under a different name there too.

The email was the only way to contact them in short, which I did.

So yeah, tried said phone call, got pissed off.

Oh, and their "forum" is conveniently not working either.

Doesn't really fill me with confidence.

Honestly, online retailers like this give others a bad name.

Edited by The Jamanoid

How dodgy...that is for a westpac number.

Feeling worse and worse about this right now.

Edited by The Jamanoid

Without suggesting that it's definitely a dodgy deal, the cynic in me wonders that because they probably assume the majority of their customers are going to use it for illegal purposes that nobody will be calling the consumer complaints commission or file a lawsuit.