The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
JumpedAngel

Sally so hard

A few weeks ago at a local Trash & Treasure market my gnome spotted a number of interesting plants for sale, including one in particular as it had a square stem and a lovely blue flower almost like a mint, but with large ovate leaves. $2 is all the woman wanted for this plant but the gnome didn't know exactly what it was back then so he left it there, the woman had a name written down for it but it was nothing like sally d, and the gnome had not met sally before, but the thought has now occured, which is the real Sally D anyway?, is it the blue one shown by the Elmer. W. Smith image on the Vaults of Erowid site and which the gnome is quite sure he met with on that morning?, or is it the mauve/white one shown on the Yage site?, who feels brave enough to answer this for my gnome.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/show_image.ph...um_drawing1.jpg

http://azarius.yage.net/

My gnome feels concerned that two such seemingly credible sites should be at odds over something as significant as this, anyone have any ideas as to how this could have happened or have a reasonable explanation?, how can a newbie feel comfy with the information he/she gets from these sites when such discreptancies become obvious even to a relative amature?.

It sould be said that since the initial contact two weeks ago, the gnome managed to meet up with the same plant again last weekend and this time had a camera handy....

SallyD210504a.jpg

There must have been at least 3 or 4 other, similar plants there also but different foliage and flower, can anyone point my gnome to the names of useful Sally types and also some better pictorial site to get an I.D. of what these look like, for example there is one in the garden that looks close to the one on the yage site but its leave are a different shape....

SallyOther.jpg

any help would be apreciated.

Second one looks like S leucantha to me - nice

i knew some people making some smudge sticks with them

Firts one..mmmm i like it

put me down on the cuttings list - swap you a Salvia guaranitica 'black knight'

i figure its a closely related species

the top one has got to be salvia mexicana var "lime calyx" if the leaves are shiny. Its definitely not a divinorum, and could be a salvia concolor.