The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tassiejd

peru and boliva, any thing i should see

Hey all

im currenty in south america and in peru atm, currenly in pucallpa, going to be going down river and hopfully making it all the way down to boliva, just wondered if any one had any suggestions for while im in the area, i want to go and see some cacti for sure and might even collect some seed if i can get away with it, and also hopefully going to be living with a tribe somewhere down river from here for a week or 2.

if any one has any suggestions for things i should do while in the area im open to suggestions atm.

muchas gracias and if i make it back for ega i will catch up with a few of you then

Hey all

im currenty in south america and in peru atm, currenly in pucallpa, going to be going down river and hopfully making it all the way down to boliva, just wondered if any one had any suggestions for while im in the area, i want to go and see some cacti for sure and might even collect some seed if i can get away with it, and also hopefully going to be living with a tribe somewhere down river from here for a week or 2.

if any one has any suggestions for things i should do while in the area im open to suggestions atm.

muchas gracias and if i make it back for ega i will catch up with a few of you then

Yes, ....apparently you can go to the nearest travel agent and sponser eager souls to get to the promised land, oh! , i happen to be one of them !!! a one way ticket to Peru please my good man !! ;)

Please......!! :(

What to see in Peru and Bolivia?... Everything! It is all amazing. As you're in Pucallpa, definitely go and visit the Shipibo, lovely people and from memory not to far away. I'm guessing you've been to Q'osqo already or are atleast planning to, wonderful place and beautiful surrounding areas. As you're heading south, rurrenabaque is meant to be a great jungle spot with much wildlife to be surrounded by. Las Yungas in Coroico (3 hours or so from La Paz) is a fantastic area up in the cloud forests, you could spend weeks there if you enjoy being somewhat isolated and having your own space. Beautiful.

And of course don't leave Bolivia with out taking a tour through the Uyuni salt flats, Las Lagunas roja y azul, and the Atacama. Stunning.

Enjoy your travels!

cheers for the reply, we went and spent a few days in a couple of differnt Shipibo commintys, i love their artwork, the aya paintings are out of this world, like alex grey but on a completly different level, it all worked out quite well, hooked up with some antropoligists who invited us to come and stay at a comunity that they go and visit so we went out there for a few days then got back to Pucallpa and meet some other people who work with the comunitys who printed out all sorts of info on where and how many people live in each one and gave us letters of reccomendation to be able to go and stay with them for free so we spent a bit of time in Shipibo comunitys, headed back into the mountains from the junlge now, went all the way up river (south) from Pucallpa to atalaya stopping at the occasional comunity along the way then went a bit further south before heading back inland and am now headed in the cuzco direction for an undetermind amount of time before hopefully crossing into bolivia, im not sure if i will make it to boliva this time around as ive been spending to long along the way in peru but if i dont make it then its a good excuse to do some work when i get back so i can come back over again.

any how all the best and once again if i amke it back for ega i will talk to some of you then, but at the moment that is looking pretty unlikley, i am due to be back in aus 1 day before age but will more than likley change my flights and stay for a an extra month or 2 or untill i am broke an begging on the street or taking english speaking gringos on tours some where to make a little extra chash and stay that bit longer.

Hey all

The Colca Canyon is amazing... though I think you may have headed too far away from it now....

gallery_871_224_9695.jpg

seeing the Condors soaring overhead there is something I wont forget... there were also warm natural springs there and more wild cactus than I've ever seen before :)