The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
theobromos

Khat meeting

I thought the oesophagal cancer would be due to the extreme quantities of coffee they drink back home...

Thank you for that article

I would also think that many of the health problems

cannot be completely atributed to Khat use alone.

The dangers of 3rd world pesticide (ab)use should also taken into account.

Using other substances in combination with another one often causes more of a problem than either one by itself. Smoking tobacco along with betel nut or other irritants of the digestive tract could worsen the problem. Coffee is another and the profligate use of pesticides as has been said. What about the use of nitrites in curing meat? Last but not least is the propensity of many people to over use something. A little may be harmless or even good while a lot might hurt you.

Stoney

I like how they included zero references... I mean it was seemingly the a synopsis of what people said but surely if they are going to present an article as fact. They should at least try and list the so called studies other wise it becomes meaningless conjecture.

One thing I found truly amusing is that most of people at the symposium would be in industries that distrubute and manufacture ritalin and other "medical" aphetamines.