The Corroboree

Was out for a walk the other day and came across these little friendly's. Anybody happen to know what they are?

04042009100.jpg

04042009092.jpg

04042009093.jpg

04042009094.jpg

04042009095.jpg

04042009096.jpg

04042009097e.jpg

04042009098.jpg

04042009099o.jpg

hard to tell with the vague information and photos, possibly A. longifolia.

Sorry the photos are so bad, stumbled upon them on a walk and only had my phone on me. I should have also mentioned that the photos are not all of the same tree. The first and the last are the same type but different trees and the rest are of 1 different type of tree. The funny thing about the one with the ferns is that it only has a couple of those "groups" of growths on a couple of branches and the rest looks like a fat/short leafed version of the other.

The fernyness are the juvenille bipinnate leaves and can often occur at times with mature trees, especially with new shoots and reshot areas of damage, the more developed 'leaves' are the mature phyllodes of the plant.

Again it's a bit of guessing but another species to look into for the first and last shots are A. melanoxylon.

I'd hazard a guess for you to look into A. melanoxylon and A. longifolia (both sophorae and longifolia subspecies of) as being the two species you have found.