The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Termite

ID Please

Question

9 answers to this question

trichocereus camarguensis perhaps.

Edited by PD.

Hi termite! I once bought a similar looking cactus that was labeled Trichocereus Randalli! But i´m not sure if the ID was correct! The spine color looked a little bit more orange! And it resembles a young Trichocereus Atacamensis! bye Eg

edit: sorry i meant Trichocereus Andalgalensis insted of Atacamensis!

Edited by Evil Genius

trichocereus camarguensis perhaps.

After a quick search on your suggestion, i would definately say thats it! Thanks PD!

yeah i just googled a pic that was labeled camarguensis which that looked a lot like this one! I´m surprised because i once bought 2 diffrent Trichocereus Camarguensis on ebay and theyboth looked more like a typical Peruvianoid! Are there diffrent forms or do you think that they´ve been mislabeled? bye Eg

yeah i just googled a pic that was labeled camarguensis which that looked a lot like this one! I´m surprised because i once bought 2 diffrent Trichocereus Camarguensis on ebay and theyboth looked more like a typical Peruvianoid! Are there diffrent forms or do you think that they´ve been mislabeled? bye Eg

Funny that you should bring that up EG, because on troutsnotes it lists varieties but for some reason i cant get it to come up. It does point out in the images that there is two different forms of flower, and in other pics i have come across the spination seems to appear alot more red although the plant itself being the same. Whether this is purely influenced by location or something as simple as lighting when the photo was taken i have no idea. I wouldnt think it would be as dramatic as looking more like a typical peruvanoid though. Can anybody help with a bit more info?

Hi Termite! Yeah some of the pics on the trouts website are down! They will be be fixed as time permits! If i remember right, trouts Camarguensis Pics showed some rather peruvianoid type cactus too! You are right about the reddish spination! One of the camarguensis that i got had the same type of spine color! I´ll post some more info or a description later! bye Eg

Was it labeled as a Trichocereus? With these sorts of plants there is even a possibility that it isn't a Trichocereus.

~Michael~

Was it labeled as a Trichocereus? With these sorts of plants there is even a possibility that it isn't a Trichocereus.

~Michael~

Hi MS,

The plant was sold as a trichocereus but the seller wasnt quite sure of which sp. it was. He told me that the flower was much the same as your average T. Pach. It was roughly a metre or so high when i bought it and branching low but i was told that once it got a bit taller it could be prone to being decumbent, which i've since found that T. camarguensis is. Not that mine did because i wanted a few more and took a knife to it :lol:.

Being that u have quite an impressive collection of trichos yourself MS, what is your opinion on the plant and the variation in others named the same? Could there be different forms as EG asked? Or are we talking hybrids?

Termite