The Corroboree
hutch

Searching for Commelina Seeds or Cutting

Does anyone know if this seed is available in Australia. I am looking for a Natural anti inflammatory and this seems interesting.

Cheers

Hutch :wink:

different species are around the place.....related to wandering dew or is it wandering jew......

from wiki.........

Plants of the genus are used as an anti-inflammatory balm by orangutans. Humans also grind it into a balm and apply it to their skin to treat muscular pain, sore bones, and swellings.

am interested in non human animal uses of herbs.......

t s t .

Have plenty Commelina cyanea in the back yard. Flowering ATM too, i'll keep an eye out for seeds.

Differences to wandering jew include flowers blue not white, and the leaves are spread along the stem more in commelina than wandering jew. Can also be quite weedy if it's in your garden or somewhere else you dont want it.

quite edible too :wink:

Thanks for that Les, Ive got 25 acres and few plants that have the potential to get away on me so I try to keep on top of them. I would be greatful for any seeds you can spare. Im tied of taking bloody pills!!!

Cheers

Thanks for that Les, Ive got 25 acres and few plants that have the potential to get away on me so I try to keep on top of them. I would be greatful for any seeds you can spare. Im tied of taking bloody pills!!!

Cheers

In the mail tomorrow buddy, hope they survive.