The Corroboree
blip

My halfassed attempt at a growth log 2.0!!

Don't forget to turn the light off at night..plants need rest too it's very unnatural to have light 24hrs a day..seedlings can have something like 9am till 9pm ..something like that is good.

Edited by lsdreamz

okay so what have we learnt...don't move the pot... :) also its actually best from my limited experience with grafting that the Peres actually needs to have some leaves so it can photosynthesize ...

you should go to the chemist and ask for a brand new sterile scalpel blade..these things are usually 20cents or sometimes they give them to me for free...they are incredibly sharp and allow for really great perfect slicing of the stock and scion.

You really can't have 2 types of cactus grafts on top as they will push each off and you will be left with none....man just do it right and do one at a time and let them take..

leave on a bench somewhere where they wont get bumped or anything and don't water them till after the first week. After a week you can introduce some more light and then you can man handle the pot to somewhere more permanent.

I know you like messing around with em but you are going to have to learn the hard way it seems..read Teo's grafting book again and follow it to the letter and THEN you will have nice grafted lophs in a year and you will be proud as punch.

this graft is about 6 weeks old and the pup I grafted onto it was about the size of a big match head..look how fast they grow and I neglect these really bad ..I mean really bad I want them to be really hard and tough..they go without water a lot but they are thriving.

post-4860-1239254252_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1239254288_thumb.jpg

IMG_1751.JPG

IMG_1750.JPG

IMG_1751.JPG

IMG_1750.JPG

Edited by Hunab Ku

Edited by lsdreamz