The Corroboree
Auxin

Kratom seedlings

My kratom seedlings are growing and appear happy except a few that likely werent happy with the subtropcal conditions of my greenhouse, bugger those ones if they dont like their permanent home :P They are green and pretty and slowly growing... with extra emphasis on slowly! So far they are snail speed rosettes. I figure they are like tobacco in that they likely have to reach a 'critical mass' as seedlings before they go nuts and start growing like crazy, Im just curious on how close mine are and what I can do to speed them along. Over the last several months I've occasionally been giving them 1/5-1/4 strength 15-30-15 ferts with micro nutes, can these critters, at the illustrated size, handle full strength ferts or should I not increase the dose beyond half strength? I'm eager to get them big nuf to sample and compare.

(For those who are curious, the seeds were surface sewn on moist sand in a pot covered by a petri dish and gave a good germination rate that way.)

post-146-1235864178_thumb.jpg

Mitra2_28_09.jpg

Mitra2_28_09.jpg

My kratom seedlings are growing and appear happy except a few that likely werent happy with the subtropcal conditions of my greenhouse, bugger those ones if they dont like their permanent home :P They are green and pretty and slowly growing... with extra emphasis on slowly! So far they are snail speed rosettes. I figure they are like tobacco in that they likely have to reach a 'critical mass' as seedlings before they go nuts and start growing like crazy, Im just curious on how close mine are and what I can do to speed them along. Over the last several months I've occasionally been giving them 1/5-1/4 strength 15-30-15 ferts with micro nutes, can these critters, at the illustrated size, handle full strength ferts or should I not increase the dose beyond half strength? I'm eager to get them big nuf to sample and compare.

(For those who are curious, the seeds were surface sewn on moist sand in a pot covered by a petri dish and gave a good germination rate that way.)

No, you need to wait a while before adding nuts!! They are just too damm small for that!!

The only way to add nut's is if you really know what you doing, at that stage.

You look like you are burning them already!!! I would back off the nuts for a while until they are bigger.

Trust me, I done the same freaken thing!! The only help I got with the nut's is say stop giving them!!

See you

J

Edited by neo1

i think, he knows what he is doing, as he is using the fert in save levels.

it depens on the strengh of the fertilizer, i have fed much smaller kratom seedlings than pictured without any problems.

i think, he knows what he is doing, as he is using the fert in save levels.

it depens on the strengh of the fertilizer, i have fed much smaller kratom seedlings than pictured without any problems.

that fine, its just look like he might be burning the edges. But that just what I see, but I could be wrong.

Yeah thats what had me hesitant to increase the dose at all, I'm pretty sure all of the apparent burning is due to the low humidity environment but can never be sure its not a combination of factors (the fully dead one died before ferts). I've really been pushing these critters in regards to humidity, as soon as they were 15 mm wide I carefully hardened them off from my humidity tent to 40% RH! Over the following two months half of them died but thats what I wanted, selecting the best for low humidity environments and all... my ultimate goal is to select plants that are happy in a greenhouse in a desert and from those select a few with desirable medicine/drug characteristics. I have the second half of the seed in soil now to help ensure enough numbers to select from.

I just gave them their first dose of 1/2 strength 15-30-15 yesterday so within a week or so I should know if the earlier 1/4 strength doses were contributing to the burning, either way I'll just give them water for the rest of the month :)

Yeah thats what had me hesitant to increase the dose at all, I'm pretty sure all of the apparent burning is due to the low humidity environment but can never be sure its not a combination of factors (the fully dead one died before ferts). I've really been pushing these critters in regards to humidity, as soon as they were 15 mm wide I carefully hardened them off from my humidity tent to 40% RH! Over the following two months half of them died but thats what I wanted, selecting the best for low humidity environments and all... my ultimate goal is to select plants that are happy in a greenhouse in a desert and from those select a few with desirable medicine/drug characteristics. I have the second half of the seed in soil now to help ensure enough numbers to select from.

I just gave them their first dose of 1/2 strength 15-30-15 yesterday so within a week or so I should know if the earlier 1/4 strength doses were contributing to the burning, either way I'll just give them water for the rest of the month :)

don't take my word for it, that just what it looks like. But I could be wrong. I am pretty new at this. For me, its really easy to see when others are fucking up their plants, but for me, its a bit harder.

I can seem to give my plants much at all!!! I don't really know why??? It could be that I am growing indoors with not a huge amount of light, that could be a big factor! I don't really know?? But its pissing me off.

I can't seem to find nothing that I can give that won't burn my plant up!!!

I just not know what to use. Oh well I guess I figure it out as time goes on. I am thinking of using slow release pellets, but I am worried the humidity will make them break down to fast and I will have the same problem all over again.

Edited by neo1

I just gave them their first dose of 1/2 strength 15-30-15 yesterday so within a week or so I should know if the earlier 1/4 strength doses were contributing to the burning
To follow up, they've all pretty much increased in size by 1/3. No new terminal die-back on leaves but a little lightening of color in spots on a few. Not sure if its from the ferts of soapy water overspray. All are still growing tho, seems theyre reasonably tolerant of ferts at this size :)

IME Kratom absolutely loves nutrient, if ya' try miraclegro I think you'll be happy. start 'em with half strength, 1 week later half strength again, 1 more week 3 quarter strength, 1 more week - full strength & continue fortnightly 'till they're about a foot tall then ya' can go weekly if ya' like.

I have some plants in a country where they're legal and as well as organic matter, chicken shit etc I feed mine full strength miraclegro every 3 - 5 days...

Where did you get your kratom plants...................... or seeds........................ I can't find some any where, not viable to don't believe........

Do you have a plant I u could spare. I am wanting to grow because iboga is hard to grow and illegal in the US,

Thanks

J

PS I live in the state where legal, but still very hard to get, could you also tell me how old the seed were...

The seeds I got in trade from someone on botanicalswap.org but I cant remember who and that month was lost in a server crash. It might have been Alfalfa. The seeds, I think, were relatively fresh but left over from the person I got them from growing some from the same batch which he probably got from a vendor... so it should be safe to say at least a couple months old.