The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
visionaryb3ar

hbwr extraction tek questions

umm probably a good time to mention such actions in australia are illegal. So might not be such a good idea. Let your garden gnome do it for you.... they usually dont get arrested

regarding intestinal troubles..

a very effective Ayurvedic formulation, known as Hingastak (hingashtak) is specific for lower GI troubles (vata imbalance) - intestinal spasms, excessive gas, dryness, constipation, candidiasis.

and also stomach/lungs mucus

contraindicated for hyperacidity/biliousness

the main active is hing, asafoetida, bot: ferula foetida

it contains in equal parts:

fried asafoetida, pippali (long pepper, bot: piper longum), ginger, black pepper, ajowan seeds, cumin seeds, nigella seeds and rock mineral salt

I make it myself..but the hing at Indian grocers is compounded (ie resin + rice flour) so you have to compensate for that, and at around 15% purity, you end up with quite a larger dose, which I roll into balls that are dried and easily swallowed.

also, the combination of long pepper, black pepper, and ginger (known as trikatu ["three pungents"]) is a bioavailabilty enhancer

someone want to try it?

[ 01. February 2004, 15:44: Message edited by: coin ]

Somebody else, possibly female, want to try an antioxytocic herb as an antidote to the nasty effects? Shatvari, Asparagus racemosus, reduces the ergot effect in some receptors.

The likeliest candidates for nasties in hbwr are the glycosides of kaurene derivatives. They would be difficult to separate in the kitchen (or herb workshop).

got plenty of shatavari..can add that in

:) ?

women are having uterine side effects from hbwr? can someone confirm that?