The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Suprnova

Drum machines?

G'day all,

I know it's not plant/botanical related but I figure there must be enough electronic heads floating around the forums to steer me in the right direction. I'm seeking a second hand (or new :P) drum machine from roughly around the late 90's - early 2k if possible. Mainly chasing it for house/dance production. Pref's around the Brisbane area if possible but whatevers good :)

Cheers guys,

Pce

are you looking for hardware...? if so e-bay would be the go...if its software geez man there is a million of em...all the famous hardware drum machines have been replicated in software now with ten times better control...I dare anyone to tell the difference in sound too..even if the old school hardware units like the 909 and 808 where run along side the software ones..its virtually impossible to tell the difference. Some analogue and analogue modeling synths can generate some serious drum sounds too..grab your self a synth and assign a midi channel to a kick sound you made your self on the synth and away you go.

personally layering sampled drum sounds is the way to go..with software being so cheap nowadays you can build up a library of sounds and simply layer them and tweak them to find your magical sound.

happy sequencing.

H.

like Hunab said

And If the tweaking doesn't work for you in-system, just use a wave editor and manipulate at your own content. So many advanced programs are out there, some even free.

I was into trackers like buzz & psycle. They were all free.

Really got off on some amazing VST instruments and effects.

Just gotta remember to keep your sound libraries well organised (and backed up!) or you're forever trying to find the right sound!

I have a Roland MC-303 that I would like to sell. It's a sequencer with a pretty good drum machine. Though the standalone Roland drum machines are usually much better (808 & 909 in particular), they are pretty expensive.

Let me know if interested. This applies to anyone who may be interested, if Scuboh doesn't want it. It's a pretty damn good unit and is suitable for trance. Good for playing live sets too and can be hooked through other midi units and samplers etc; I don't really use hardware these days and I would like to see it getting some use. It's in good condition and works fine. Manual included.

dunno about the rules on this forum, if there are any, but maybe this should be in creativity section.

scuboh have you thought about using software + a midi controller? check out the latest REASON 4.0, and then look at some cheap but brand new keyboard controllers, you can get the, in something like 2 octave range for under 200 dollars. REASON is really powerful in the way you can edit & add rack devices for customised sounds and effects. personally i think this tool kicks butt in it's abilities. of course to make it cost effective you would need to source a copy of REASON from somewhere LOL.

G'day all,

cheers for the replies and sorry I haven't got back quicker haha. Yeah I'm already using reason 4.0 + live and have an m-audio oxygen controller aswell as a korg padkontrol. I was looking for a hardware seq to go with my analogue synth (Korg MS-20), at this stage the electribes are shaping up pretty well. Phos D, how much would you be looking at for the 909?

Much love,

Laters guys :)

how much for the 303 dude?