The Corroboree
DreamingNagual

UFO'S Spotted over Launceston

3 articles in 3 days..

The Last one offers up a Final Explanation, Which I find extremely Sus!

Wtf Is Going On?

I beleive there is more here than meets the eye?

From here

http://www.examiner.com.au/news/local/news/human-interest/ufos-spotted-over-launceston/1439918.aspx

UFOs spotted over Launceston

DANIELLE BLEWETT

20/02/2009 9:41:00 PM

WHETHER you were outside watering the lemon tree or having a smoke on the sly you weren't seeing things when you spotted strange lights over Launceston on Thursday night.

The Examiner set out to perform its own X-Files alien investigation.

The Northern Tasmania representative of the TasUFO Centre, Phillip Polden was planning to interview people who saw the lights.

The centre was established in 1965 after the local priest, school teacher and some farmers at Cressy saw a UFO.

Mr Polden has investigated about 20 sightings in two years.

``There's usually an explanation for 90 per cent of calls _ hot air balloons, Chinese lanterns, pranks or a hoax, but there are a large number of sightings that are simply inexplicable,''

Mr Polden said.

For South Launceston's Emmalene West, Thursday's lights caused a flurry. Her boyfriend Joshua Furley was outside watering the lemon tree at 10.30pm when he looked up and

saw seven, orange lights.

``He called for me to come outside. At first I thought it was a plane, but it was way bigger and quite high up. They were flying in formation, but moving about with seven orange

lights, three at the back and four at the front, flashing,'' Emmalene said.

The couple turned on their radio and listened hoping other people ``out there'' were calling with reports.

The Bureau of Meteorology's Bruce Copplestone said there were no weather phenomenon to explain the sighting.

Launceston man Russell Duck had popped outdoors to have a sly smoke of his pipe after his wife Sandra went to bed at 10.30pm.

``I saw five orange lights, pulsing slowly and heading west. At first I assumed it was a plane, but there was no sound, just five distant objects. They kept in order and moved about

in formation. They were not weather balloons and they were not a satellite, I have seen those before,'' Mr Duck said.

Meanwhile, at Newnham Michele Charlesworth saw a light so bright she was expecting a ``big bang''.

``We are on top of the hill and have a fantastic view. I saw an extremely bright light. It was orange with a greenish tail. It was like a falling star or flare but just too bright. It

was travelling very fast and I was waiting for a big bang,'' Mrs Charlesworth said.

UTas philosophy lecturer and sky watcher, Michael Kidd, had a plausible explanation _ the lights were the debris of two satellites which smashed in orbit over Siberia last week,

he said.

``I have been tracking the debris from the satellites for a week and this was presumably, uniform, orbital debris,'' Mr Kidd said.

The last celestial word goes to star junkie Martin George of the Queen Victoria Museum.

Not satellites. Not aliens. Not space ships, said Mr George.

``It's my strong opinion they were little hot air balloons lit by candles,'' Mr George said.

The truth is out there somewhere.

And Here

http://www.examiner.com.au/news/local/news/human-interest/seeing-ufos-is-believing/1440218.aspx

Seeing (UFOs) is believing

21/02/2009 3:25:00 PM

YOU'RE not alone ... plenty of Northern Tasmanians spotted strange lights up and down the Tamar Valley on Thursday night and even more strangely in early January.

thLaurie Parr was celebrating her 50th birthday at Dilston on January 10 and even before the cake was cut and when all the guests had their wits, lights were spotted over the Tamar River.

``There were three blue lights with a hovering black shadow that looked like a parachute,'' Laurie said

thGary Hicks saw the same lights over the river on January 10.

``At first it looked like a boat on the river, but then it rose straight up. It was a sphere of light with a shadow, it looked like a jellybean shape, but through the full zoom of camera lens it was a square shape.''

thGlenys Phillips saw lights on January 10, but no noise. ``It was huge and round with lights around it and hovering.''

The phones haven't stopped ringing at The Examiner offices - see a full list of sightings in tomorrow's edition.

And This article Today that offers an Explaination (With Photograph)

http://www.examiner.com.au/news/local/news/environmental-issues/many-see-northern-light-show-seeing-ufos-is-believing/1440258.aspx?storypage=0

Many see Northern light show - SEEING (UFOs) IS BELIEVING

22/02/2009 1:00:00 AM

YOU'RE not alone ... the week's story about strange lights in the sky has brought a big response. The phone rang hot yesterday as plenty of Northern Tasmanians told how they spotted strange lights up and down the Tamar Valley on Thursday night and in early January. DANIELLE BLEWETT reports.

`The mysterious lights in the sky were caused by an unmanned surveillance drone aircraft. It was determining the human susceptibility to suggestions that alien forces are again gathering'

LAURIE PARR was celebrating her 50th birthday at Dilston on January 10 and even before the cake was cut, lights were spotted over the Tamar River.

"There were three blue lights with a hovering black shadow that looked like a parachute," Laurie said

GARY HICKS saw the same lights over the river on January 10.

"At first it looked like a boat on the river, but then it rose straight up.

"It was a sphere of light with a shadow, it looked like a jellybean shape, but through the full zoom of camera lens it was a square shape."

GLENYS PHILLIPS saw lights on January 10, but no noise. "It was huge and round with lights around it and hovering."

HOWEY TAVENER saw lights on Thursday night.

"I was looking towards the west of town and saw five white lights moving slowly in line.

"I thought it was five helicopters, with flashing regular lights."

CHRIS SANZARO saw three lots of lights on Thursday night, while outside "watering the lemon tree".

"At 10.30 the first lot of five lights were low and looked like candles under a balloon.

"At 10.45 they were in the same direction but a lot higher and by 11pm there was one orange light."

LACHLAN WALKER saw one green, three orange and two white lights hovering at 10pm on Thursday.

DEBBIE LIMB said she was driving along Margaret St on Wednesday when she saw two lights floating gently and hovering around 10pm.

SARAH CLARK was driving her taxi along Thistle St on Friday night when she saw six orange lights, flickering softly for about 15 minutes.

"They drifted towards from the Gorge towards the hospital and then disappeared one at a time."

An ANONYMOUS caller from Mowbray was jogging at 5.30am up Invermay Rd when she saw an orange light and thought it was a plane until it veered to the right towards Ravenswood and disappeared.

JOHN CARNEY from Wyndella St in West Launceston said his wife woke him at 10.35pm on Thursday when she saw five orange lights.

"Sometimes the front one went a little faster and the rest caught up.

"They were about the size of tennis balls (from a distance).

"At one stage a piece became detached and glowed and disappeared. Maybe it burned out?"

NORMAN HOYLE made this response to our star gazers:

"I have on very good authority that the mysterious lights in the sky were caused by an unmanned surveillance drone aircraft.

"It was determining the human susceptibility to suggestions that alien forces are again gathering somewhere in the Milky Way."

Wtf Are we supposed to beleive this About a DRONE SURVEILLANCE PLANE?

Was Norman Hoyle Making a joke?

And if not a joke, Why & Who would need to be gathering this Information?

Discuss...

Edited by DreamingNagual

Yep, i must admit there are a lot of sightings which can be put down to weather balloons, plastic bag and jiffy firelighter pranks etc, but every now and then comes along a case which is just plain weird. This sounds like one of those. Im sick of seeing them just get brushed aside with stupid explanations which everyone who saw it knows is complete bullshit.

I am one of those people. Me the future Mrs and two Friends saw what is now the infamous "Black Triangle" about 20 years ago. What we saw was mind blowing, a huge silent craft on a slow cruise over our neighborhood, we followed it for a good 2 or 3 km's on our bikes only to see it, still completely silent , shoot of into the sky and out of sight in a matter of seconds... we were left speechless, and have all been firm believers ever since.

Its Marconi, Tesla and their mates havin fun in their UFOs..........or the nazis in their HAUNEBU

I was only thinking about the jiffy/plastic bag prank the other day :)