The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rev

:huh:

:huh: Edited by Rev

forces one to wonder if a bliss pinnacle can be reached. subvisionary doses for example ie little cacti, some pod, couple of sub, nibble of fly and some lotus. one can become quite accustomed to intense waves of pleasure sweeping through ones body. it's enough to bring tears to the eyes.

just on the lilly thing, someone stated here recently that the fragrance (strength of) might be in some way related to the kick in the flower, the yellow ones that i dried recently are much,much stronger than the pink or white in terms of fragrance.

thanxs for sharing your experience rev,verry interesting,i'll have to visit there myself if i can.

i was recently in a hothouse with some waterlillies on a hot day and i am certain just the scent was having a psychoactive effect.

t s t .

Emboden mentions water lily flowers in conjunction with Sacred Mushrooms from a carving in Central Mexico in one of his papers. I will get the reference from home and put it up here.

I know of no one who who has tried this combination, although there are several reports of synergy between Blue Lily and Sceletium.

When making Blue Lily extract, some of the volatile esters escape into the atmosphere and I feel they have an effect of their own, based on personal experience.

Also, an Ethanol/water extraction removes all the blue from the flowers but does not touch the yellow.

I did a liquid butane extraction of Blue Lily that produced a clear yellow oil and left all the blue in the flower. It was smokable, but I remember little. It must not have been remarkable.

So many herbs; so little time.

[ 23. December 2003, 04:28: Message edited by: friendly ]

Very interesting work Rev.

I'm so jealous.

I'm very fond of the Lotus, ahh the memories of floating around in the dam at Macca's with a chain of lotii floating around behind.

All this talk of insects & Lotus- Honey, what about the honey...mmm sweet blissfull awareness.

p.s Rev did you get my PM?

WD: "bliss pinnacle,,,subvisionary doses for example ie little cacti, some pod, couple of sub, nibble of fly and some lotus"

from what I hear subactive doses (<1/5) for example of; Yomb extract, 1,4b, pods, subs, chocolate

=Fuck'n Magic!

Maybe room for lotus here too.

just adding a note in this thread of sid's report on lilly/yopo in 'secrets of lilly and lotus'.

also i was very impressed with delospema bosseranum kanna mixed with water lilly and smoked.

t s t .

tst: Is that Delosperma a mesembrine containing species, a tryp containing species or both?

Several people have mentioned a synergy between Sceletium and Blue lily.

In the secrets of Lily and Lotus thread it mentions an experience I had with mushrooms following a lily experience. There may be a

cross-over (transference) of effects from Lily to mushroom.

friendly,it appears to contain alkaloids similar to but a bit different than sceletium.

my comments re yopo i think fit in with the shroom idea.

t s t .

I just found my copy of "Psychactive Constituents of the Genus Sceletium N.E. Br. and Other Mesembryanthemaceae: a Review" by Michael T. Smith, Neil R. Crouch, Nigel Gericke and Manton Hurst from Journal of Ethnopharmacology # 50 (1996) pgs. 119-130 which details some mesembrine containing plants including the Sceletium species and others. It mentions mesembrine content in several other non-Sceletium species including a few Delosperma that contain mesembrine, but not that one. I will post some of the relevant information in a day or so when I can find the time.

[ 24. January 2004, 07:16: Message edited by: friendly ]

www.crystalsingingbowls.com/pages/egyptian.htm

Check out the Egyptian Blue Lily Bowl.

I had one of those made by this company. It produced a remarkable tone that kicked one right into the blue lily trance state. I used it for working with groups unfamiliar with the Blue Lily space, with great success.

Unfortunately it was broken by the thieves who robbed my house, in their hurry to get away.

I was out of town at the time.

I am in the process of negotiating (see the absurdly high price of these damn things? I got mine in trade from the manufacturer.) another one to replace the first as it really made an amazing difference.

I just located in my files the William A. Emboden article 'Transcultural Use of Narcotic Water Lilies in Ancient Egyptian and Maya Drug Ritual'

from Journal of Ethnopharmacology 3 (1981) pgs. 39-83 and will post relevant bits shortly.