The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
El Presidente Hillbillios

Magic Absinthe

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has tried the magic absinthe recipe off the shroomery. Does it taste any good? i imagine mushrooms and absinthe would taste a little weird at best.

To me the numbers don't seem to add up.. 50gms per 1500ml of alcohol = .033gm per ml

and yet he says doses between 10ml (.333grm) and 40ml (1.332)..

is this right? i would have thought 100ml would be closer to the mark for a dose

Hillbilly

Figures for how much fungus to put into the alcohol are varied, I think its stametes who says 5gm per 30 mL or something like that...I'd just try adding more and more til its saturated and some crystals start forming for the sake of finding a number.

Peace

absinthe has a burn to it like the fires of hell!

Sorry guys, what i was tring to say is that this recipy calls for 50 gramms of mushrooms in 1500ml of Absinthe.

the dosage that is recomened is only 10-40ml this would be equavalent of only between .3 and about 1.2 gramms of mushrooms,

i dont htink that would be enough to be really noticable over the 60%alcohol... am i missing somthing?? is there somkind of synergy there or something?

oh yeah MU. absinthe is pretty harsh, i have a buddie that makes home made absinthe to an old recipie and its that bitter it makes me throw up if it not drunk correctly with the spoon and the sugar cube.... making me heave thinking about it LOL